Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Club Tie -Poll Added, Options on 1st Post.

What color sceme/style should be used for the Fedora Lounge Club Tie?

• A: Yellow-Gold/Grey-Blue on Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B: Red & Yellow Pinstripes on Black

• C: Blue & Yellow Pinstripes on Black

• D: Bold Red & Yellow on Black

• E: Deco Blues

• F: Neat Pattern

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

griffer

Practically Family
Apologies to DW Evans...

I like the direction he took, but I have never been a fan of writing on a tie, or complicated pitures.

I like the idea of a club tie that doean't scream ADVERTISING.

More of secret handshake sort of thing.

I submit my poor idea for consideration.

griff_tie.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
My sentiments exactly-

A unique stripe and away from the corporate and merchandise.
Something that can actually be worn-
A tie in a bright orange might just betoo much- it needs to be a little more low-key,
in order to be a useful accessory- combine-able with shirts and suits.

Subtle as can be but at the same time, instantly recognised by other society members.

And made as a vintage tie.

B
T

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Right on as usual, BT...

Some of this is WAY over the top... I suggest a Repp in black and blue (as in the logo) with a subtle GOLD accent. Understated, elegant, and above all else... wearable.

griffer

Practically Family
Agree with Belly and Zemke about the 'orange'.

I lack the Photoshop skills, I was putting that out there as a layout, not really a palette.

But NOT a fan of a black and gray tie.

A subdued average of these would be my direction...

FLTie4.jpg

lounge-tie2.jpg

griff_tie.jpg

griffer

Practically Family
MK said:
What is up with the Halloween orange? Are some people's monitors seeing the warm yellow as orange?

Yellow/orange text, mango title, 'gold' medallion...i think it morphed into a strange sherbert.

Too bad, I have a royal purple gingham that an orange sherbert tie would look great on...

Cobden

Practically Family
The way I see it is that there are three options:

1) British "Old Boys Tie" Style: stripe and no decoration
2) American "Corporate" style: obvious logo, pehaps on a stripe or a solid colour
3) Retro tie: basically, just a snazzy vintage style tie for loungers, perhaps with a logo

Personally, I'd go for British style (hardly suprising :p), and I quite like the idea of the black background, largely because if one were to wear the lounge lapel pin as a tie pin I think black would look very snazzy indeed. Plus, a stripe can be used in a bow tie. The other question, is it viable to have more then one design? A stripe, a logo and perhaps something like this (okay, so i ran it up on MS paint, but it gives an idea!):

tie3.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Don't forget the considerations of form and function...

If it is to be *useable* with '30s to '50s clothing, it would be good to avoid the '40s/'50s "loud style" with the OT graphical motifs.

A black ground with a blue stripe which becomes lighter/darker over the length of the tie..? Conservative, yet sophisticated..? This motif reflects the City's night sky in the FL banner. There would still be room for a subtle use of "gold/yellow" in an outline stripe, if necessary.

I agree, it's nice if the colours actually represent something-
as in the FL banner.

To suit the masses, there must be committee consideration- shame to make a tie nobody will wear. I would definately buy an FL tie that I liked.
It's a great cause.

You can only cram so much junk on a tie before it starts to look just like junk.

B
T

Jerekson

One Too Many
Indy Magnoli said:
Here are a couple of mock-ups using the same color scheme based on the FL logo:

lounge-tie2.jpg

Let me know what you think...

Kind regards,
Indy

I would wear these, most definitely.

My only concern is the orange. Where did this come from? IMO the orange-on-black is a little too Haloween-esque for me.

If the orange were moreso of a yellow or gold shade, then the tie would be perfect.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
A little :eek:fftopic: but can I just say these two ties are the exact same as my old school uniform tie but with the obvious addition of the FL logo. The one on the left was for the 1st and 2nd year students and the one on the right for everyone else.
lounge-tie2.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
Zemke Fan said:
Some of this is WAY over the top... I suggest a Repp in black and blue (as in the logo) with a subtle GOLD accent. Understated, elegant, and above all else... wearable.
I'd really like this. Perhaps with a subtle silver/white/something Fedora Guy hat at the bottom corner like another suggestion.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I'm looking into some options right now to see what is realistically possible as far as using any kind of repeating logo into the weave. I have a feeling that this won't work, but I'll let you know.

As for the color scheme, I will post the Pantone colors before "going to press", so those who have the book can check out the final design. The "gold" stripes are not meant to look orange, but more yellow. In any case, we'll be relying on Pantone colors, not our fickle monitors. ;)

Kind regards,
Indy

6StringShooter

One of the Regulars
just found this thread after my hiatus, folks...EXCELLENT idea. I vote for the classic diagonal stripe design with an offset logo (unless that's been thrown out already) Colors can go either way, but the less black the better IMHO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy