Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Features - Report from Aero Leather Trade Week - By Craig Brown

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I would agree. The size that was there was something like a 40, so it was difficult to tell, but it had the feel of something that was designed for layering. Both it and the Hudson are serious, solid jackets btw. With the belt tied and collar up (especially with a mouton added), there's no chance of a draught getting in. :D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Eh, companies like Aero and addicts like me are job security for the postal service, UPS and FedEx.

I just hope your posty's back is in good nick, that's all:D I joke of course, if I was starting out and didn't have my LHB, I'd seriously consider the Hudson or it's slightly less full-on cousin.

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Go away fer a couple of days and all hell breaks loose. It'll take me days to decide if any of the new stuff is up my alley. But I must say it's real nice to see lots of enthusiastic posting about Jackets as opposed to other things round here. Reminds me of why I came here in the first place and why I come here almost everyday, when there's internet access that is. To all that have scored new leather congrats! And to all about to purchase... good luck let us know/see what you get.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
style8r.jpg

Which one is this exactly? THIS ah wants!!!! slurp!!!

Worf

Jonst

New in Town
Thanks for the great review Craig.

A newbie question - are the tumbled black/brown the same as the vintage black/brown?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the great review Craig.

A newbie question - are the tumbled black/brown the same as the vintage black/brown?

Yes: I was told by Aero that the tumbled and vintage names are the same and used interchangeably. In fact, Aero's menu for ordering now uses the term "tumbled (black or brown)" on their website rather than vintage.

wdw

One Too Many
They're also using battered as opposed to tumbled, which has confused me. I've emailed Holly for a clarification as I'll probably change my Shackleton to brown, but don't know which is which.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
They're also using battered as opposed to tumbled, which has confused me. I've emailed Holly for a clarification as I'll probably change my Shackleton to brown, but don't know which is which.

Very confusing. Aero almost needs a glossary of terms on their website. I suspect that battered might be tumbled that has been "weathered" in some way. It might be worth considering brown jerky horsehide for greater comfort and easier use of buttons than with FQ. I agree with going with some kind of brown for the greatest versatility. Too many choices, although if I had to make a choice in the dark right now, I think it would be battered brown (maybe).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Battered is, I think, a distinct and separate hide. It has a tumbled look but an oil pull feel.

On the first page of this thread, you showed pictures (images 5 and 6) of an Aeromarine with battered brown horsehide. Maybe Holly will see this post (now numbering well over 200) and comment. I feel almost overwhelmed with the amount of data and information on this particular thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot