Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Membership Surpasses 30,000

Kind of reminds me of the store owner who has a going out of a business sale two or three times a year. :p
and then another rich relative conveniently dies just in time to save the business

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I'm not surprised that the Lounge has reached such a membership. It's been the one forum of its kind to stick around after all these years. For a good reason! It's a wonderful place.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I started out deleting the off topic stuff but it's taken on a life of its own.

Anyway, 30,000 members. A very sweet milestone we've been watching for for a couple of weeks.

For the record, we don't delete members, even if asked or harassed or threatened or whatever. The simple reason is that it leaves dumb holes in the conversations. We love our members, and value every one of the 30,000 plus of them. But if you don't want to play in our sandbox anymore, just don't. Easy. We do not delete memberships.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I for one, have to wade in here and say that I agree with the sentiment that his is indeed one of the most blessed spots in the quagmire of the internet, and is indeed a place where civility is highly regarded and sought after. I've had my run ins with certain members here and there, but as a whole it's an excellent forum full of excellent gentlemen and ladies who set a high bar for intelligent and civil conversation, and this isn't the first time I've said as much.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Wow 30k that's awesome!
Congratulations to the Fedora Lounge for reaching this milestone, I hope we double it someday!!

I started out deleting the off topic stuff but it's taken on a life of its own.

Anyway, 30,000 members. A very sweet milestone we've been watching for for a couple of weeks.

For the record, we don't delete members, even if asked or harassed or threatened or whatever. The simple reason is that it leaves dumb holes in the conversations. We love our members, and value every one of the 30,000 plus of them. But if you don't want to play in our sandbox anymore, just don't. Easy. We do not delete memberships.

Can you name all of us without the cheat sheet?
Oh, and can you delete HD's account :rofl:

BTW, it's a great milestone, and well-deserved! You guys and dames do a great job hosting the jernt.

gear-guy

Practically Family
Here's irony, 30.000 viewers of the FL. Most seem to love the simpler ways of life as we think that they used to be, and yet 29.999 + myself sit typing on a modern computer connected to the internet, with our electric lights showing us the way and in my case usually watching television as I am doing the typing. Hey football addicted. So I really do like the lounge, have learned a lot, read a lot of interesting threads but do not want live in the past just enjoy the way the presented themselves and continue to enjoy my modern conveniences a lot.

My wife is cranking the generator in our treehouse so I can type pages on my Remington by a single lightbulb and then my pigeon takes the text to my kids and THEY type in these posts. Speak for yourself :rofl:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
You don't suppose Otis was here under another name at one time, and was banned? Sounds like that kind of meat head.
Anyhoo, I'm impressed. I don't post as often as I used to, (something about a Face thing, or whatever) but I can't see ever saying aloha to this gang. Nope.

+1 Awesome butte

We're adding on a new room to the house for watching movies, etc. We're doing all vintage lighting (repro) and it's crazy how expensive it is. The old Edison-style bulbs and heavy cable-wrapped cords, etc. It's a nice contrast to the new structure and hi-tech gear we'll put in there and keeps me feeling less stressed seeing those old-looking things in there.
One thing we all seem to appreciate is the style that common everyday items used to have. People used to sweat the details and even the least expensive items like clothes irons and toasters had style. I don't think it's living in the past as much as appreciating simply good design. And the pigeons are fun to have around too :)

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
We're adding on a new room to the house for watching movies, etc. We're doing all vintage lighting (repro) and it's crazy how expensive it is. The old Edison-style bulbs and heavy cable-wrapped cords, etc. It's a nice contrast to the new structure and hi-tech gear we'll put in there and keeps me feeling less stressed seeing those old-looking things in there.
One thing we all seem to appreciate is the style that common everyday items used to have. People used to sweat the details and even the least expensive items like clothes irons and toasters had style. I don't think it's living in the past as much as appreciating simply good design. And the pigeons are fun to have around too :)

You want to hear something funny? I was going to ask jokingly in relation to your previous posts, "Ahh, but are they edison bulbs?" And lo, they are! lol

Edison was a lazy good for nothing belly crawling scoundrel, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran