Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora or Bowler

J.B.

Practically Family
As your attorney, I recommend that you ditch the feather and go with the fedora...

Oh, and see your eye doctor right away! :p

:D

(Welcome to tFL!)

Frederick Chook

New in Town
Don't worry about a friend having a similar hat, you'll look different in them anyway. That said, they both work, in different ways! The bowler looks more whimsical, which from your expression I detect might be part of your intention. But as Tony in Tarzana said, you can't go wrong with both!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
If you have the oppertunity to try either on locally and you like one over the other then choose whichever looks best. Nothing like wearing a hat you just won't wear.

Man of the modern day bowlers have awkward brim shapes and tapered crowns. I suggest finding a vintage one on Ebay.

This is one from Lock hatters... very old.
Bowleravatar2-vi.jpg

The fedora allows more versatility... So in the end I suggest it as the hat if you only had the choice of one. Provides sunblock and can be molded to your style.
Diner2-vi.jpg

Well... like I said before, it is up to you. Choose wisely.

What is so unique about the fedora you want?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mike in Seattle said:
Fedora...although you might get a differing opinion at the Bowler Lounge...;)
They're discussing strikes, splits, and spares there. ;)

Personally, I think the bowler is very distinctive, but it is tough for most people to pull off. It also looks much more formal and dressy, unless you're going for that Malcolm MacDowell look. ;)

The fedora is distinctive, with a style you can make all your own, and you can wear it without much fuss.

nulty

One of the Regulars
I would always say to wear what makes you feel most comfortable..... even though sometimes the reality doesn't match the image once the hat is on your head .
Based on the photoshop I'd say the bowler might fit what you're going for..so give it a try.....

moustache

Practically Family
Both!!

James said:
I've been considering whether to go for the fedora or bowler hat over the last few weeks.

I even Photoshopped myself into both.

There are two reasons I'm even considering the bowler and not just going for a fedora:
- A friend, it turns out, wants a similarly styled fedora to what I want.
- It's less common.

Can anyone help me make up my mind?:eusa_doh:

i have both hats and use the bowler at the symphony or with a tux.The fedora is best for all my other occasions.

both look good though!!

JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis