Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedorafest III Stratoliner from Stetson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm curious about the feel of the felt, as the proportions aren't all that make the hat. It's makes me wince a bit whenever someone posts that they had a Whippet or Strat clone custom-made in pure beaver. To me, part of the appeal is the thickness and weight of the hat.

I realize that the felt did vary a bit within any given model over the years, but I'm curious as to whether these are being made with the original felt in mind (not expecting vintage quality or perfect weight/thickness). What do you think, GTD?

I've got photos of a 40s Strat & a 50s Strat next to FF3 Strat as soon as AT&T gets my U-verse back up....

Here's all 3. Sorry about the quality. Me & this camera ain't friends yet....
3strat0000.jpg

I'm curious about the feel of the felt, as the proportions aren't all that make the hat. .... What do you think, GTD?

I'll let Rusty chime in too but to me, this felt has a lighter feel than other modern Stetsons that I've handled.
Having just handled all 3 to do the photos, I have to give the older ones the credit for the dead felt but this new one could get there it seems.
Compared to my CD Deluxe, it is a flyweight.
Here are more shots...
3strat0001.jpg

3strat0003.jpg

3strat0004.jpg

3strat0005.jpg

3strat0006.jpg

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I am very interested. All I have seen so far looks great. Waiting patiently.

Same here. I have given up looking for a "vintage" Strat for the time being and am saving for this one in a 60 (long oval if the major is up to it). From what I've heard though this hat forms to your head very quickly. I want it bashed just like the Strat Ad that was posted a few pages back. I love that look!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I've just subscribed to this thread so I won't miss the announcement that the hats are available. :D

I own a few hats, but as these days I tend to grab the silverbelly Lee Stratoliner clone when heading out the door for work. As an IT technician I tend to dress casually for work (jeans, button-down shirt) due to finding myself crawling under desks and other places and this hat works with anything I might wear. For an initial color silverbelly is a great choice! Yes, I'll be looking foward to seeing other colors, but you can't beat a good silverbelly for versitality. :eusa_clap

Hat's off to everyone working hard to bring this hat to market! (Where's the "hats off" icon?)
:cheers1:,
Tom

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I agree with Tango. The Silverbelly is the easiest color to match up with just about anything you wear. I love to wear my Camp Draft Akubra Silverbelly with my black suit (avatar picture). It looks like they were made to go together. It goes just as well with jeans!

T Rick

Practically Family
I've just subscribed to this thread so I won't miss the announcement that the hats are available. :D

I own a few hats, but as these days I tend to grab the silverbelly Lee Stratoliner clone when heading out the door for work. As an IT technician I tend to dress casually for work (jeans, button-down shirt) due to finding myself crawling under desks and other places and this hat works with anything I might wear. For an initial color silverbelly is a great choice! Yes, I'll be looking foward to seeing other colors, but you can't beat a good silverbelly foro versitality. :eusa_clap

Hat's off to everyone working hard to bring this hat to market! (Where's the "hats off" icon?)
:cheers1:,
Tom

Subscribing to this thread is a great idea, think I'll join you. Would hate to miss the announcement and initial offering!

Having just gotten a great vintage Strat in a sort of cocoa brown, I look forward to this in Silver Belly. It really is a great color, and about as versatile as it gets. Think I'll probably do my best to duplicate gtdean48's diamond bash he shows in his prototype, love the look of that!

I've already sent Major Mike & Rusty my review, so here are some photos of Proto2 & I did work a quick, dry diamond crease into this one...
PICT0001.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

Last edited:

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
I have been wanting a strat for a long time now! Silverbelly isn't my color of choice but if it comes with the pin you can count me in!

buler

I'll Lock Up
You don't. Go to the begining of this thread and start reading all the posts and you will get ALL info needed to answer your questions.

Wrong. To subscribe to a thread, go to the Thread Tools dropdown and choose "Subcribe to Thread". Then you can go to Quink Links and jump to any threads you've subscribed to. Also you can set a notification if there has been a post made to your subscribed thread.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points