Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedorafest III Stratoliner from Stetson

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Rick

Practically Family
True but the old thread was closed
Well, there was more than one I think (I could be wrong). But we shouldn't get into discussing the Moderators decisions/actions, we need to give them the peace to do the job they need to do.

Either way, this thread is about a hat that is being made at the behest of those here on the Forum, based on a one off Custom from Stetson that was worn to Fedorafest (which is much more resembling the vintage Stratoliner than the new production hat is AFAIK, hence the name used in the thread title). Nothing to do with the new current production hat from Stetson whatsoever.

Just wanted to post an update on the FF3 Strat prototype... I just received my Heritage Campdraft Deluxe by Akubra. The open crown of the FF3 Strat & the CD Deluxe are the same size = about 5 3/4" maybe a tad more. The felt of the FF3 Strat is lighter than the dress weight body of the CD Deluxe. The finish on the FF3 Strat is a notch above the CD Deluxe as well, same for the sweatband.

So Tom, it would seem that if we get this Open Crown Stratoliner off and running.
We may have the modern open crown USA made thin ribbon that we are looking for!

That we may! HatCo could call it their 'Classic' line. With a different brim flange, the Open Road Classic could come off the same block as this Stratoliner Classic!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The felt of the FF3 Strat is lighter than the dress weight body of the CD Deluxe. The finish on the FF3 Strat is a notch above the CD Deluxe as well, same for the sweatband.

Will be interesting to see how the FF3 production hat does. We also must remember that this will be to great hats to great hats for people to buy and we should be grateful that we have this opportunity to get such fine "Production hats" again.

T Rick

Practically Family
I didn't know that. I thought a Stratoliner was a Stratoliner.

Sorry, I just figured since you're a regular here that you were aware of the content here, of course not everyone could be (there is SO much to read on this Forum after all!). I think if you wish, go to page one and read the beginnings (first few posts) if this thread, you'll understand where this one is coming from (though you should be warned, like many of us, you may then begin lusting after yet another hat! ;)).

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I'm trying to decide if I'll be a customer. The dimensions of the Fedora Fest III hat that I have read seem similar to those on Delmonico's. If the main thing apart from felt quality is the blocking (thanks for info), then that clears a lot up. I've never paid very close attention to Stratoliner conversations. I'll be looking for photos of the hat worn on the folks when they come out.

Last edited:
Open crown, the FF3 Strat is 5 3/4" or more on the prototype that I have. It is blocked with relatively straight sides, more like the Nostalgia crown blocking. That is a KEY difference over the HatCo modern Stetson Strat currently being offered.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
With my 7 1/2 head I've had no luck finding vintage hats. I've got a custom on order with Art, but this hat is going to allow me to add another with vintage dimensions.

Last edited:

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
Just wanted to post an update on the FF3 Strat prototype... I just received my Heritage Campdraft Deluxe by Akubra. The open crown of the FF3 Strat & the CD Deluxe are the same size = about 5 3/4" maybe a tad more. The felt of the FF3 Strat is lighter than the dress weight body of the CD Deluxe. The finish on the FF3 Strat is a notch above the CD Deluxe as well, same for the sweatband.

How do the colors compare between the FF3 Strat and the CD Deluxe? I'd love to see a side-by-side pic of them to get a feel for the color.

FF3 Strat & CD Deluxe photos...

Here you go...Heritage Campdraft Deluxe is on the right. I'm going to get my 7X CB to compare...
PICT0162.jpg

PICT0161.jpg

PICT0163.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy