Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedorafest III Stratoliner from Stetson

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Rick

Practically Family
The hat is still a go from my end, info coming back from the plant is a little slow, our person at the plant wears many hats and is trying to put a new catalog in the works. When I do get the right info back and I feel the hat is ready to be made and sent to me , I will post a email asking all that want one to at that time send his or her request in, the FL folks will have 7 days to send that info ( hat size they want) to me. At this time, I am trying to make sure that the hat will resale with shipping only within the lower 48 states around $150.00.

As I get more info from the plant, and a real price from them, I will post ASAP.
I have not wanted to be too pushy with the plant on this first hat, but if and when we go to color number two, I will become more demanding on current info from the plant ( how long of a wait?,, what is the min and max shipping amounts)

Major Moore
Thanks so much for that update! I know this type of collaboration isn't easy (especially considering the folks on the other end that you have to deal with, and how different from normal this situation is for them). Will be waiting for the word and hopefully won't be too busy to drop in here for a week right when the 7 day notice is put up! (Checking my status on thread subscription and email settings now).

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
The hat is still a go from my end, info coming back from the plant is a little slow, our person at the plant wears many hats and is trying to put a new catalog in the works. When I do get the right info back and I feel the hat is ready to be made and sent to me , I will post a email asking all that want one to at that time send his or her request in, the FL folks will have 7 days to send that info ( hat size they want) to me. At this time, I am trying to make sure that the hat will resale with shipping only within the lower 48 states around $150.00.

As I get more info from the plant, and a real price from them, I will post ASAP.
I have not wanted to be too pushy with the plant on this first hat, but if and when we go to color number two, I will become more demanding on current info from the plant ( how long of a wait?,, what is the min and max shipping amounts)

Major Moore

Major THANKS for the up date ! Sounds like it will be the "deal" of this year !! :)

majormoore

Vendor
At this time no, we will only have one ribbon width for the hat band bow and ribbon, sorry. But I will try and see if they would sale me a roll of 12 or 14 linge ribbon in the same color. but there would be an extra charge to take the ribbon off and make a new wider hat band bow ribbon.

We really need to just get this first hat made and shipped to me ASAP.

Major Moore

Major Moore
Major Moore not to be a pain but could you get some extra matching ribbon so that I could pay extra to have a medium ribbon put on by you?

Jeff

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Mike , I personally know the hard work you have put into this hat.
I think back on all the ideas we threw around on the trip home from FedoraFest III.
And now we are almost ready to see it come full circle!
Also a big thanks again to Matt at Hatco. He is a busy guy that has tried his best to get us what we want.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Are the hats only available to those who attended Fedorafest III, or any Loungers who want one? In any case, we all appreciate your hard work, Major!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Major Moore,

I'm in for sure and will add my name to the list as soon as the list is available. A couple quick questions. I wear a 7 5/8 Long Oval. Will the long oval be an issue with this hat or is it soft enough to form to my head on it's own? Would it be possible to pay a little extra to have you do a bash exactly like the one Tom Dean did back a few pages where he is talking about the "quick dry bash." That is exactly how I want my hat to look.

Thanks,
Terry

Last edited:

majormoore

Vendor
They are soft enough that your LO will not be a problem.

Major Moore

Major Moore,

I'm in for sure and will add my name to the list as soon as the list is available. A couple quick questions. I wear a 7 5/8 Long Oval. Will the long oval be an issue with this hat or is it soft enough to form to my head on it's own? Would it be possible to pay a little extra to have you do a bash exactly like the one Tom Dean did back a few pages where he is talking about the "quick dry bash." That is exactly how I want my hat to look.

Thanks,
Terry

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
The bottom three pictures of the diamond bash are exactly what I'm looking for!

I've already sent Major Mike & Rusty my review, so here are some photos of Proto2 & I did work a quick, dry diamond crease into this one...
PICT0001.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to the release of this hat. I've been following along for a while, and holding off on buying my first fedora in anticipation...
Thanks Major, for the work and updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot