Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FedoraFest IV

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
Art was kind enough to make one of his signature ribbons for my soon to be Mike Moore custom hat. The color is way off in these photos.
FF7.jpg

FF8.jpg

FF13.jpg

FF14.jpg

My head looks like a potato
FF56.jpg

Last edited:

majormoore

Vendor
Now that is funny, Art and I had a wonderful time this weekend and we really had fun today ( Sunday) just horseing around in the shop.
" You better give me one of those special Dove hat bodies!!!!!"

Major Moore
"NOW WE GOT YA WHERE WE WANT YA!!!!"
chokeq.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Many thanks to Mike and Rusty for another fantastic weekend. Kim and I are so glad we made the trip t hang out with y'all. We had the best time!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This was my second Fedorafest, and hopefully not the last. Thank you Mike and Rusty for organizing this event, and for the hospitality.

I very much enjoyed seeing old and new faces. I learned a lot and laughed a lot, and I look forward to the next one. :)

I will try to post some of my photos tomorrow.

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Here Art is working a Parbuntal Optimo that Mike had blocked up. The body came from Winchester they found a box of them that had been sitting in the warehouse for 50 years. Mike bought them I had to pick up the size 7 3/8 sweet hat. He has some left so call him if you are interested.

Art%20working%20on%20parabuntal.jpg

This is a vintage ribbon that has a center pattern in it Mike let Art take it home he loved it.

My%20Parbuntal.jpg

Close up of the ribbon and hat

Photo%20May%2018%2C%203%2042%2012%20PM.jpg

The weave is tight but you can see all the way through it holding it up to the light.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Robert%20looking%20at%20Mike%27s%20hats.jpg

Robert (RLK) looking at Mike's favorite vintage hats. I truly enjoyed talking to Robert he know's so much about the history of hats.
Robert thanks for share your great knowledge with me this weekend.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Photo%20May%2018%2C%2011%2016%2007%20AM.jpg

This is Jeff the plant manager of Winchester he and his son came down for the weekend. Jeff has a great knowledge of the equipment and the felting process and how colors are made. He is working on a brim finishing machine that Mike bought from Winchester.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Art wore a Dualist all weekend that he had just made before leaving for the trip.
But he was in a hurry making it and he could not wait to work on it when he got to Mike's shop.

Art%20working%20on%20his%20Dualist.jpg

Art%20sanding%20the%20brim.jpg

Art%20in%20action.jpg

Art%20in%20action2.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Rocky%20using%20the%20Rhodes%20iron.jpg

Here is Rocky he is ironing the top of a fur hat body.

Rocky%20ironing%202.jpg

Here is the detail on the ironing jig.

Rhodes%20iron.jpg

Bill (buler) noticed the detail on the iron neat. Bill is was great meeting you and thank you for letting me buy that Stetson 100 from you not only did I get a great hat but I was able to meet you.

Rusty and Josh watching the action

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I am certain the wonderful photos do not do justice to the experience of sharing our hat passion with fellow enthusiasts, but for those of us unfortunate enough not to be able to attend the get together, they serve to connect us in a vicarious way to the wonderful few days you all have had.

Here is to all the sharp looking gents, ladies, and lads of Fedora Fest IV, and keep those pics coming! :cheers1:

Oops, did not mean to interrupt your excellent photo stream, Ed!

Last edited:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I am certain the wonderful photos do not do justice to the experience of sharing our hat passion with fellow enthusiasts, but for those of us unfortunate enough not to be able to attend the get together, they serve to connect us in a vicarious way to the wonderful few days you all have had.

Here is to all the sharp looking gents, ladies, and lads of Fedora Fest IV, and keep those pics coming! :cheers1:

+1, What more is there to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo