Fedoras afield

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Lefty, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Add a little whiskey to the rotation & it doesn't get any better than that!

DOGMAN and M Hatman like this.
  2. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

BIG brim on that straw, Dale! The kids are really gaining on you, my friend!!

Zombie_61, dh66 and Redfokker like this.
  3. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

I had my pipe(s), great tobacco, and there was no shortage of whatever libation you could think of... I suffered through it all!

4. dh66

dh66

Thanks Charlie! They're sure keeping me busy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Zombie_61 likes this.
  5. Scooterz

Scooterz A-List Customer

Will do.

6. mikespens

mikespens Call Me a Cab

Great to see you Dale and dig'n your sweet redheaded crew. Bet you got your exercise quota in too! Like the last pic with the bomber

dh66 and Zombie_61 like this.
  7. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Looking at the photo on the right, I have to give you a lot of credit for sheer cojones (hat or no hat). My experience with wild boar is that they have a singular lack of any sense of humor when it comes to being shot at. Any time I've gone hunting for them I've spent a few hours practicing my reload skills with my .30-06, as I had one occasion when I discovered how fast they can be when irritated. Kudos to you for using the bow.

FedOregon likes this.
  8. Scooterz

Scooterz A-List Customer

Ain't skeered! Mainly cause that one is made out of foam.

tropicalbob likes this.
  9. dh66

dh66

Thanks Mike!

And good eye!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Redfokker likes this.
  10. Such a beautiful morning I made time for some coffee & a walk down by the river.

[​IMG]

11. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto Call Me a Cab

Pale morning sun for a walk up to an office of a telephone company.
    Bad luck was closed for a timetable change
    [​IMG]
    Then I took the opportunity to sightsee in my town, as a morning tourist
    [​IMG]
    I'm here 700 meters from my office in the heart of the medieval centre
    [​IMG]
    The squares are three, and each had a feature about a thousand years ago
    [​IMG]
    Now they are the paradise for tourists who are now numerous throughout the year
    [​IMG]
    The hat, Lobbia Borsalino was sold in Eastern Europe a few years ago, perhaps before the Second World War
    [​IMG]
    The color is "Mirtillo"
    [​IMG]
    I have enjoyed this walk in an uncertain sun, already on the way back the clouds covered the sky and now it's pouring.
    I ask forgiveness for not having changed much the expression of my face, but I was in a hurry :rolleyes:

12. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

A good backup, such as a 44 mag revolver on your hip, is good insurance when the critters can fight back!

tropicalbob and BobHufford like this.
  13. alanfgag

alanfgag

Wonderful, Daniele. I can close my eyes and imagine two families fighting their battles in this piazza. I once had the chance to play a small role (Capulet) in the ballet some years back. My wife did the costumes. She gave me a hat with a very stingy brim.

swordfight.jpg

14. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

love the new avi

15. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

What a guy! Struggling onward, even through the worst of times! ;)

16. Redfokker

Redfokker

Thank you Daniele. You live in the midst of history, I am very envious. And that Homburg....no words.

17. RJR

RJR

+1

M Hatman likes this.
  18. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto Call Me a Cab

Alan your imagination guide you well. In those squares and especially in the narrow adjacent streets were ambushes among the notables families for control of the city.
    In the background of the first image it has been consumed in those years a political crime.
    Two thugs of rival families to that of the Della Scala stabbed to death on the doorstep Alberto della Scala "Capitano del Popolo" of the Ghibellines.
    Verona has had a huge development in the hundred years in which the family Della Scala ruled the city.
    They were Ghibellines and gave asylum to the great poet Dante Alighieri, White Guelph (opponents), he in Verona wrote a large part of the Comedy.
    Beautiful costumes of Verona of the Montagues and Capulets balet. Grandi complimenti alla costumista!
    Two hundred meters from the photos there is this house of the Nogarola family[​IMG]
    in which lived Cagnolo also called Romeo

Red you are right we live in the midst of history and we are so well used about this situation.
    We really have from our birth such this beautiful vision that we are accustomed :rolleyes:

19. Hah ... a friend sent this scan of a slide from 1984 that shows my wife and I creekside. I'm wearing my Grandfather's hat (which became a float trip hat after my roommate's dog chewed on it).

[​IMG]

20. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

Fantastic photo