Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Steve and Daniel attending at the hats producers convention in Europe
2r26ccg.jpg

This year it will take place in Torri del Benaco, a charming town on Lake Garda.
Here are the two speakers a moment before entering the headquarters of the European hatters that you see behind them.
You will have fresh news on the work of the convention in the coming days, in the meantime we have found suitable premises to working with felt in the charming town called Malcesine, north part of the Garda Lake.
Good day to all
Daniele and Steve

BEST photo of the day!!!!!! The two speakers?! Is there a Ted Talk video, PLEASE? Very, VERY cool, fellas!!

Second day of the congress of the European hatters.
Social trip at the old factory of Giovanni Panniza in Ghiffa on Lake Maggiore
After the long sweep Steve has risen in stature, beneficial effect of the visit
34f1ypu.jpg

More to come .......:rolleyes:

WAY BEYOND cool, guys. And to think, this special international alliance was formed here, on The Fedora Lounge!!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Third and final day of the European hatters convention
Cultural visit to the Archeological Museum in Verona
rm0ffs.jpg

The location is within the Teatro Romano in an old monastery, now a museum.
Steve is back to its abnormal increase in height, even if today no hats and machines for their production, only ancient stones, sculptor and bronze :rolleyes:
2wggg11.jpg

Steve, for his Italian tour wear a Huckel from the fifties, Daniele a Dobbs-Pannizza the first two days and in the Roman site a modern Tonak.
A probable goodbye for fall
We want to thank everyone for the sympathy shown to two jokers in a magnificent Italian early spring

After many inquiries about what I do with my hats.........Three pictures.....two with the modern Stetson Whippets, one with a Chicago Lewer Derby from the 30's.............
Fun at the International Lions Clubs District 1-BK Convention!!!! Yes, I am an Illinois Lion!
Cheers,
M
PS: Lets see some of your FUN hat moments.......feel free to post HERE!!!!
Saturday at BK Crop.jpg
1710BKn.jpg
BK Dinner.JPG

Last edited:
Riding through some of Alaska's beautiful wilderness in July, 2011:

Zombie_in_Alaska_2011_zpso7zpkilw.jpg

I think the people who conduct these horseback tours underestimated my weight, because this poor horse was huffing and puffing every time he had to haul my carcass up a hill. Regardless of the rain, it was a wonderful day that was part of a wonderful trip. My wife was to my left when this photo was taken, but she asked me to crop her out of the original photo because her rain gear wasn't particularly flattering.

The hat was made from recycled truck tarps by Real Deal Brazil. It served me well on the trip, and will likely last as long as my fur felt hats.

Wrigley_Field_05_zpsf51d7538.jpg

^ Standing in the Chicago Cubs' dugout during a tour of Wrigley Field in Chicago wearing my Taupe Fawn Akubra Campdraft. This was a few years ago while visiting my wife's family.

Hawaiian_and_Fedora_zpsd77a2f7c.jpg

^ Same trip, same hat, at a family picnic. That might not sound like "fun" to some people, but I sincerely love my wife's family and really enjoy spending time with them when we can. We still do the "tourist" thing and visit downtown Chicago (and other parts of northern Illinois), but time spent with the people we care about is the most valuable to us.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I love the hats, but your suits and THOSE SHOES are fantastic as well! I really like spectator shoes.

Our pics aren't quite as nice as yours, but here's a few of ours. Mostly, it's just me and MrsFed. Sometimes my son and/or daughter are along for the craziness, but me n' Ma do almost everything together.

Last week at The Cheesecake Factory
i-JVJ2n4D-XL.jpg

i-LjWDsnP-XL.jpg

National Hat Day 2017
i-2jcrxxJ-XL.jpg

Walking Downtown
i-Bm6f6sB-XL.jpg

i-LrDgZ7T-XL.jpg

Off to a matinee at the local theater
i-mRqBzbx-XL.jpg

Lunch with MrsFed
i-J6qQ9mp-XL.jpg

After good news from the Doc
i-zF26STX-XL.jpg

Lunch after church
i-rJk8V55-XL.jpg

Fun visiting Mike Miller at NW Hats
i-brfXnmw-X2.jpg

A Saturday trip to the LDS Temple near Portland, OR
i-bMdc5xN-X2.jpg

i-WbgLDMW-X2.jpg

Our trip to see Art at Vintage Silhouettes and to see Crater Lake
i-Fq2LrbK-X2.jpg

i-tRm8ZFL-X2.jpg

Weekend Lunch with our then-new-to-us hats, a Cavanagh for MrsFed and a Disney for me
i-LcS9LQB-XL.jpg

Christmas party at the church
i-jXhBsRR.jpg

i-6DHfWMt-XL.jpg

Lunch at Red Robbin and then a movie
i-bswBRKv-XL.jpg

BBQ and Birthday Party for Lil' Fed
i-tHChDHz-XL.jpg

Salinas, Ecuador on the beach with MrsFed
i-kXdSQn7-XL.jpg

Last edited:

sebastian czentner

One of the Regulars
Riding through some of Alaska's beautiful wilderness in July, 2011:

Zombie_in_Alaska_2011_zpso7zpkilw.jpg

I think the people who conduct these horseback tours underestimated my weight, because this poor horse was huffing and puffing every time he had to haul my carcass up a hill. Regardless of the rain, it was a wonderful day that was part of a wonderful trip. My wife was to my left when this photo was taken, but she asked me to crop her out of the original photo because her rain gear wasn't particularly flattering.

The hat was made from recycled truck tarps by Real Deal Brazil. It served me well on the trip, and will likely last as long as my fur felt hats.

Wrigley_Field_05_zpsf51d7538.jpg

^ Standing in the Chicago Cubs' dugout during a tour of Wrigley Field in Chicago wearing my Taupe Fawn Akubra Campdraft. This was a few years ago while visiting my wife's family.

Hawaiian_and_Fedora_zpsd77a2f7c.jpg

^ Same trip, same hat, at a family picnic. That might not sound like "fun" to some people, but I sincerely love my wife's family and really enjoy spending time with them when we can. We still do the "tourist" thing and visit downtown Chicago (and other parts of northern Illinois), but time spent with the people we care about is the most valuable to us.
Alaska, the only state of USA i would love to know. At next June i would be on the other extreme of the continent in the Patagonia, mostly Puerto Madryn, Comodoro Rivadavia and Rada Tilly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto