Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

frussell

One Too Many
Joshua Tree New Year's Eve. 7XCB.
image.jpeg

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Been to Ca a lot but never to Joshua , it's on the list though.
The park near my home is called Whitnal park and consists of approx 600 acres. It was built by the CCC back in the 1930s and consists of botanical gardens, 18 hole golf course and a nature center with large pond , numerous streams and board walks.
The perfect place to walk to get out of the daily grind.
IMG_0562.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A short walk in the small streets where my grandmother spent her youth
2cawwj.jpg

She was a beautiful young lady who commanded an inn at the foot of the hills where the stones were dug to build a large part of Verona
2l8kcns.jpg

His clientele were the miners and the men and women who lived in the high hills. The house is till there
n4gpkk.jpg

The hat is always the Borsalino color "Noce" model "Fazarsca" of today
xnt7wg.jpg

Often these days there has been talk of the use of hats making a list of dressy and less dressy.
This hat can also be found worn with a sports jacket the choice is yours WHYWT
2vru3km.jpg

This is the valley where I was born on a winter day, today the weather is mild, indeed it is a false spring.

Last edited:

RJR

2cawwj.jpg

She was a beautiful young lady who commanded an inn at the foot of the hills where the stones were dug to build a large part of Verona
2l8kcns.jpg

His clientele were the miners and the men and women who lived in the high hills. The house is till there
n4gpkk.jpg

xnt7wg.jpg

Often these days there has been talk of the use of hats making a list of dressy and less dressy.
2vru3km.jpg

This is the valley where I was born on a winter day, today the weather is mild, indeed it is a false spring.
I always enjoy your 'tours",thanks.

2cawwj.jpg

2l8kcns.jpg

n4gpkk.jpg

xnt7wg.jpg

2vru3km.jpg

What a beautiful valley. You live in an enchanted place Daniele. Of course, a supberb Borsalino to go with it all.

My trip to Eugene today became something of a trip down memory lane. I grew up there, moved away when I joined the USAF in 1974. After a nice visit with Mike Miller, I needed to ship a care package to @steur in Holland. The nearest post office was the original US Post Office of my youth. I had not been in there in 40 years! It was just the same, save for the prices of today. Across the street is the Oregon Electric Railway Station, built in 1912, it is now a restaurant and was owned by the famous runner of the U of O, Alberto Salazar. It is a fine restoration.
9Jan18 Oregon Electric Station b1912.jpg

On the other corner is the original Trainman's Hotel, where Southern Pacific Railroad crews would "lay over" and "go to beans". I remember as a child, going there and watching my dad play cards with his railroad buddies. It is now boutique shops, but still looks like it did in the mid-60s (and the turn of the century for that matter).

9Jan18 Old Railroad Hotel Eugene.jpg

I was wearing my spruced up Huckel.
9Jan18 Huckel refurb.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I always enjoy your 'tours",thanks.
Thanks Bob, this very short tour was done yesterday on the wave of a slight melancholy for my grandmother who raised me up to my early teens. The house where she was born and raised is still owned by the family and maybe one day I will post a picture of the tavern.

What a beautiful valley. You live in an enchanted place Daniele. Of course, a supberb Borsalino to go with it all.
I live in a very nice valley north Verona that was a proud village until thirty years ago, now now it's a suburban dormitory with no personality.
Mike, Borsalino matches the landscape:)

2cawwj.jpg

2l8kcns.jpg

n4gpkk.jpg

xnt7wg.jpg

2vru3km.jpg

Beautiful, Dan!! Is there an historical monument, bronze plaque, or other marker of your birthplace, as there should be?! More photos, please!!

My trip to Eugene today became something of a trip down memory lane. I grew up there, moved away when I joined the USAF in 1974. After a nice visit with Mike Miller, I needed to ship a care package to @steur in Holland. The nearest post office was the original US Post Office of my youth. I had not been in there in 40 years! It was just the same, save for the prices of today. Across the street is the Oregon Electric Railway Station, built in 1912, it is now a restaurant and was owned by the famous runner of the U of O, Alberto Salazar. It is a fine restoration. View attachment 101604

On the other corner is the original Trainman's Hotel, where Southern Pacific Railroad crews would "lay over" and "go to beans". I remember as a child, going there and watching my dad play cards with his railroad buddies. It is now boutique shops, but still looks like it did in the mid-60s (and the turn of the century for that matter).

View attachment 101605

I was wearing my spruced up Huckel.
View attachment 101606

Heck of a Huckel, Mike! Great pics, sir, and the history alongside is really terrific. I hope it was all a positive flashback for you!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful, Dan!! Is there an historical monument, bronze plaque, or other marker of your birthplace, as there should be?! More photos, please!!
Dear Carletto, I know no sign or plaque, not even a monument for me, but perhaps in the future.......
I want to clarify that I do not belong to the families of the "natives".
My father was born and raised in Verona, my mother was born here, but none of my grandparents came from the village called Avesa.
Both were descendants of "immigrant" families, in fact neither surname is close to those of families who have lived in the valley for many years.
I promise you a series of accurate photographs of the place on which two books have been published
Take care of you and say hello to your mother that I hope will be healed and try not to frighten her with the mask:rolleyes:

Desert dog

Been to Ca a lot but never to Joshua , it's on the list though.
The park near my home is called Whitnal park and consists of approx 600 acres. It was built by the CCC back in the 1930s and consists of botanical gardens, 18 hole golf course and a nature center with large pond , numerous streams and board walks.
The perfect place to walk to get out of the daily grind.
View attachment 101472

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really good looking hat you have there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Desert dog

2cawwj.jpg

2l8kcns.jpg

n4gpkk.jpg

xnt7wg.jpg

2vru3km.jpg

What a beautiful place to wear such a nice hat. The scenery is stunning. I enjoy your posts, and have been impressed with the architecture in some of your travels. The countryside is equally as beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dear Carletto, I know no sign or plaque, not even a monument for me, but perhaps in the future.......
I want to clarify that I do not belong to the families of the "natives".
My father was born and raised in Verona, my mother was born here, but none of my grandparents came from the village called Avesa.
Both were descendants of "immigrant" families, in fact neither surname is close to those of families who have lived in the valley for many years.
I promise you a series of accurate photographs of the place on which two books have been published
Take care of you and say hello to your mother that I hope will be healed and try not to frighten her with the mask:rolleyes:

She likes me better in the mask. She's tough!!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
What a beautiful place to wear such a nice hat. The scenery is stunning. I enjoy your posts, and have been impressed with the architecture in some of your travels. The countryside is equally as beautiful!

Thank you for your appreciation.
I am lucky to live in a small piece of land where there are many things. Some wonderful, some horrible. This is Italy

She likes me better in the mask. She's tough!!

I hope your mother is healing, Charlie visit her with a mask from the Carnevale di Venezia, it could be a relief for her
Mi sò Arlechin Batocio, orbo de na recia e sordo da un ocio ! (It is a nonsense in venetian dialect. It is the introduction of Arlecchino on the stage)
2li7p7d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21