1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Fedoras afield

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Lefty, Sep 4, 2013.

1. quikrick

quikrick One of the Regulars

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My oldest daughter has this cool 1971 Datsun 240Z. She shows it at the Solvang Datsun Roadster Classic. The show is mostly Datsun Roadsters, but they allow other early Datsuns. It was a beautiful weekend in every way!

2. Tukwila

Tukwila One Too Many

I wish I still had my '77 280Z. Just a cam, headers and tweaked fuel injection really brought that inline 6 alive. Mine was silver with a pearl coat...

Zombie_61, quikrick and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  3. quikrick

quikrick One of the Regulars

Wow! That's funny... There was a '77 280Z parked right next to her car. I really should have taken more pics!

Zombie_61 and Tukwila like this.
  4. Yamahana

Yamahana New in Town

Been following this forum for a few years but hanging back in the shadows. Just [​IMG][​IMG]a peak out of the shadow in 1st post ever to any type of social media. Buckeye AZ corn field in a well worn Sunbody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Good to see you, sir. Sort of. Welcome. Look forward to more posts. There is a Sunbody thread around here. Took me years to get off of the porch concerning social media. Still unsure at times but this is a user friendly place for the most part.

6. Yamahana

Yamahana New in Town

Thank you BamaBoots for the welcome. I am pretty familiar with the Lounge as I really have followed it for quite some time. I joined a little over a year ago so I’d be able to purchase a few hats from the classified. But looks like most of them have been going to Mexico City. I’ve taken pics of my felts during the winter before putting them away thinking I’d post but never could get myself to do it. Maybe I’ll post some of em later. We’ll see how it goes.

RBH, Zombie_61, Tukwila and 3 others like this.
  7. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Are you a size 7 1/4? Competing against Max is pointless!

I like the SunBody and I hope you can share your felts. I was too followed the Lounge for some time before joining and the reason for eventually joined was to buy a hat from the classifieds. Anyway, I hope you feel welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. Yamahana

Yamahana New in Town

Thanks Deadly, I’m 7 3/8. The Sunbody is a very good durable hat. This one is at least 10 years old and with regular use. Just wash em in the ditch every so often. It’s my go to spring-early summer hat before the hot brutal AZ summer hits. I’m an agricultural consultant outside all day so a good hat is a must. The Sunbody just doesn’t let any air flow.

RBH, Rmccamey, Desert dog and 3 others like this.
  9. Yamahana

Yamahana New in Town

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Same Sunbody but a different afield today. Harquahala Valley wheat field.

10. Yamahana

Yamahana New in Town

Aloha Akubra Alfalfa Afield

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  11. Scooterz

Scooterz One of the Regulars

Apparently Robin Hood wore a Pendleton straw hat.

RH3.jpg

12. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

That is a great looking hat! I haven't seen that model before. Looks like a good desert hat!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13. Yamahana

Yamahana New in Town

Thank you Desert Dog, It's the Planter hat. I just flattened and dipped the brim a little. Even in the fields a guys got to have at least a little swagger.

Desert dog, Tukwila and Zombie_61 like this.
  14. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

I can't prove it, of course, but I really doubt I could have been as cruel as the conquerors in any time or place of human history, Brent.
    Greed, evil and cruelty are the same, then and now.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

15. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

I agree, Max. Human nature transcends the ages.
    My concern is when we judge history through a lens that isn’t as universal. Father Serra was a man with, possibility, admirable motivations and he pursued his ends mostly selflessly. We judge him today based on our pluralistic sensibilities where the indigenous people’s beliefs are just as valid as Serra’s Christian beliefs. My issue is that it’s not fair to expect Serra to have benefited from the 200 years of development that happened after he died. You don’t condemn Newton because he didn’t know of relativity. You don’t condemn Aristotle because he didn’t know of atoms. You need to be able to judge people by their own times and with perspective. History won’t be kind to most of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GLewis, Desert dog, Rmccamey and 3 others like this.
  16. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Practically Family

+11111111

deadlyhandsome and Zombie_61 like this.
  17. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Practically Family

The fiery chocolate Phoenix getting cooled down in a Texas rain today.

rain.jpg

18. jonesy86

jonesy86 Call Me a Cab

I've read that the Guatemalan Palm likes to get wet. I wear mine in the rain regularly. Those Sunbody hats are indestructible, 10 years for a straw in regular use is amazing.

19. jonesy86

jonesy86 Call Me a Cab

There was a Dominican Friar named Bartolomé de las Casas who in the 16th century condemned the atrocities committed by the colonizers against the indigenous peoples of The Americas while it was happening. Some judge him favorably today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartolomé_de_las_Casas

Peace,

Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.