Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Glad to hear you're hanging in there, Daniele. Hope the Italian government can ease up on the restrictions soon, so you can enjoy your own wonderful city again (before the tourists take over).

Glad you are safe and well sir. Thanks for sharing the special video showcasing your beautiful city. No people - I could not even spot them in windows. Strange times. Verona is one of the many glorious treasures of our world. Eric -

Good to hear you’re safe. I think Italy has done a good job with a bad situation. I’m anxious for the world to get back to normal. Take care. Brent

Hi Daniele. Glad to hear you are doing well. Thanks for sharing that beautiful but eerie video of your town.

Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words and support. Here the situation is good, despite the limitations. At home we are all well, outside depends on the behavior of those who find on the street or in shops. Health is good in the family and we are working from home, using the net. My daughter has graduated these days, wait for the evaluation, in this way. We all hope to live a "limited" freedom starting from the beginning of May also because we have been in this condition for two months now.
I hope you are well, as well as for your loved ones.
There is always time for hats and the felts are too hot now, the era of straw hats has fully begun.
See you soon :)

Scarr

New in Town
We met up with this lovely lady and her fellow yesterday, they are getting married next February and Tina is making her wedding dress. She has had a rollercoaster life and I am so pleased that she has found someone to love her and treat her for the lovely lady that she is. This was taken at another wedding a couple of years back, I had no idea that my hat was a talking point. She is delighted that I will wear a hat to her wedding.
View attachment 192651
That is a great look! Love it

David Kimberly

New in Town
A few pictures of Mardi Gras 2020.

A fedora I inherited from my grandfather by Golden Gate Hat Company
MG fedora.jpg
a vintage Stetson Bowler
MG bowler.jpg
picked up the bands at Meyer the Hatter.
Little did we know, we were fueling a pandemic.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
For all those who want to take a ride on the Grand Canal in Venezia while sitting at home. The vision is unique, who has been to Venezia can see it, who has never been, I assure you that you will never see it like this again
Another rare inside Venezia to see in this way. A passage through Veneiza in a path often inaccessible to too many gondolas and boats during the year, from south est to the north, direction the Murano island.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A business trip took me into Yosemite National Park. Eerie being in the Park with no tourists. Hopefully The NPS is able to reopen our National Parks soon.

View attachment 230908 View attachment 230909 View attachment 230910 View attachment 230911 View attachment 230912 View attachment 230913 View attachment 230914 View attachment 230915 View attachment 230916 View attachment 230917
Nice for you, though, and I'm sure the critters are appreciating it. Enviable job you have.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi
I visited Yellowstone before 1970, back when the bears were pretty much Yogi and Bo-bo. People were feeding them Marshmallows and came close to petting them.

Took some Tiger cub scouts to Kinlock Shelter in Bankhead back in 1993 and had a blast. I was a new scout leader and brought a first aid kit, ex-wife thought that was overkill, but both of the Personal Injury Lawyers hit their heads and bled all over. One fell between two huge boulders and hit his head on the way down, the older one of the two jumped out from behind a rock and hit his head jumping.

Later

I didn’t get out of my car except for one photo; all the rest were from the driver’s side window. It didn’t seem right/fair to walk around when everyone else was excluded.
Hey, rank has it's privileges. Besides, it's not like you weren't supposed to be there. I would probably have taken a moment to appreciate the solitude and serenity. ;)

Hi
I visited Yellowstone before 1970, back when the bears were pretty much Yogi and Bo-bo. People were feeding them Marshmallows and came close to petting them.

Took some Tiger cub scouts to Kinlock Shelter in Bankhead back in 1993 and had a blast. I was a new scout leader and brought a first aid kit, ex-wife thought that was overkill, but both of the Personal Injury Lawyers hit their heads and bled all over. One fell between two huge boulders and hit his head on the way down, the older one of the two jumped out from behind a rock and hit his head jumping.

Later

I haven’t visited Yellowstone since the fire of 1988. Some day I’ll make it back.

Yosemite has changed due to the Asian bark beetle killing so many of the mature trees in The Valley, and hundreds of millions more trees outside the Park. It won’t recover in my lifetime. We have a decent bear population, but not excessive, and some regular visitors go years without seeing one. The Park has a saying: A fed bear is a dead bear. They used to try relocation, but now once a bear looses its fear of humans and associates them with food it’s euthanized.

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
My 5th great grandfather, Jesse Dodd a Revolutionary War Veteran, is buried in Lynn, Winston County Alabama.

10707036_111223743584.jpg

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/10707036/jesse-dodd

We went through Lynn a couple weekends back, on the way to Natural Bridge. Unfortunately the park was closed down on account of the covid 19 when we got there, but I'll definitely be heading back out that way when all this settles down a little.

For all those who want to take a ride on the Grand Canal in Venezia while sitting at home. The vision is unique, who has been to Venezia can see it, who has never been, I assure you that you will never see it like this again
Another rare inside Venezia to see in this way. A passage through Veneiza in a path often inaccessible to too many gondolas and boats during the year, from south est to the north, direction the Murano island.
Breathtakingly beautiful, Daniele.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner