Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I've spent the last week on a road trip, 4 of those days were on a vehicular scavenger hunt of sorts. It's called a Lemons Rally, and the route we took went from Casper, WY to Idaho Falls, ID to Missoula, MT to Bozeman, MT and finally back to Casper, WY. Each day we had 10-15 checkpoints to locate and take a photo for proof that we were there. Our checkpoints included dams, old bridges, mining sites, a ghost town, Oregon Trail landmarks, and some quirky odd sites thrown in just for the heck of it. I wore my Akubra BP for this trip, it only got blown off my head once in Wyoming, I was able to collect it before it ended up in South Dakota though. I hope you enjoy a few of my favorite pictures from the trip.
Grand Teton:
View attachment 515878
Wyoming Red Rocks
View attachment 515877
Granite Ghost Town in Montana:
View attachment 515876
View attachment 515875
The Berkeley Pit in Butte, MT:
View attachment 515873
View attachment 515874
Fire Tower in Helena, MT:
View attachment 515871
Wind River Canyon, WY:

View attachment 515872
Absolutely beautiful. Fun trip.
But did you take the Mustang??
B

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Absolutely beautiful. Fun trip.
But did you take the Mustang??
B
Not this time, my friend and I drove his late grandparents 1996 Chevy Caprice, what a great road trip car. It's really comfortable, which was great since we drove almost 4500 miles in a week.
20230505_112247.jpg

Not this time, my friend and I drove his late grandparents 1996 Chevy Caprice, what a great road trip car. It's really comfortable, which was great since we drove almost 4500 miles in a week.
View attachment 515881

I used to drive a Caprice just like that. It was a very comfortable car and it had some get-up-and-go.

Incredible scenery and it looks like a great trip all around.

Mighty44

One Too Many
I've spent the last week on a road trip, 4 of those days were on a vehicular scavenger hunt of sorts. It's called a Lemons Rally, and the route we took went from Casper, WY to Idaho Falls, ID to Missoula, MT to Bozeman, MT and finally back to Casper, WY. Each day we had 10-15 checkpoints to locate and take a photo for proof that we were there. Our checkpoints included dams, old bridges, mining sites, a ghost town, Oregon Trail landmarks, and some quirky odd sites thrown in just for the heck of it. I wore my Akubra BP for this trip, it only got blown off my head once in Wyoming, I was able to collect it before it ended up in South Dakota though. I hope you enjoy a few of my favorite pictures from the trip.
Grand Teton:
View attachment 515878
Wyoming Red Rocks
View attachment 515877
View attachment 515876
View attachment 515875
View attachment 515873
View attachment 515874
View attachment 515871
Wind River Canyon, WY:
View attachment 515872
Spectacular—sounds like a lot of fun!

The Shoe

One Too Many
Grand Teton:
View attachment 515878
Wyoming Red Rocks
View attachment 515877
View attachment 515876
View attachment 515875
View attachment 515873
View attachment 515874
View attachment 515871
Wind River Canyon, WY:
View attachment 515872
Spectacular!

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Thanks everyone, it really was a great trip through some beautiful country.
Fun! Was there timing or mileage involved or just the scavenger hunt aspect?

Thanks for sharing the pics ... great hat choice for the weather.
No, they make sure to let you know it's not a race. There is a "winner" based on points, these are assigned to the check points and you also get points based on the perceived terribleness of your car. We finished middle of the pack because our car didnt get many points for being terrible, there were about 20 teams.

Yamahana

One Too Many
Thanks everyone, it really was a great trip through some beautiful country.

No, they make sure to let you know it's not a race. There is a "winner" based on points, these are assigned to the check points and you also get points based on the perceived terribleness of your car. We finished middle of the pack because our car didnt get many points for being terrible, there were about 20 teams.
That sounds like a blast! I’d love to do one of those… and I’ve got just the car..
Mahana
IMG_9749.jpeg

StoryPNW

Practically Family
That really does look like a great time and some big fun. I’m going to see if I can get them to hold one in AZ fall or winter.
They usually have a SW/California route, we have done that one before. When I was talking to one of the organizers during the event they said that they were probably going to have reduce the number of rallies per year. Unfortunately not enough people are signing up for this kind of thing.

Yamahana

One Too Many
They usually have a SW/California route, we have done that one before. When I was talking to one of the organizers during the event they said that they were probably going to have reduce the number of rallies per year. Unfortunately not enough people are signing up for this kind of thing.
Then I’ll have to get some of my buddies together for the sw California. It really does look like a great time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner