Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

RBH

Bartender
Finally got back with Brooks and Ray.

IMAG1118-1.jpg

I also got to talk Campdraft with Will Morgan
from David Morgan.
IMAG1115.jpg

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up

My cousin and I walking through downtown Waikiki after an outrageously good dinner at Morimoto. Wearing my Supernatural Milan from Ecuadorian Panama Hat Co. of NY.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Can't believe I never posted hats from my cross country trip. Here are a few Amy and I at Sequoia National Park. I am wearing a modern Stetson Panamanian
Same hat at the only damn place in Nevada that I actually enjoyed. Virginia city is cool
A Panama Bob taking in the most glorious view I have ever witnessed
Hanging out at the Gibson factory drooling over guitars I would need to sell a kidney to afford in another Panama Bob

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I was nervous to even stand next to the guitars they cost so much. That was in downtown Memphis on Beale Street. Walked down the road and had the best BBQ I have ever had in my life.

What a great trip HT! Looks like you are obviously enjoying it. I've been to the Gibson factory there in Memphis too, it sure made my wallet jittery. Congrats on a great way to spend a summer, and great photos. Thanks for sharing the fun.

JLee you look like you're having a pretty good time yourself. I would be too. Great pic.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Snowpocalypse - Atlanta

Well, I spent 10 hours in my car ride home outside of Atlanta yesterday afternoon and night, which would normally take me just under an hour from my office. Got some interesting pics along the way...

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

All of the shots are while traffic was STOPPED. And this was a just a few of the pics I took; it was a complete stand-still. The last pic, bottom right, is me driving north on the south side (other side of the median) of Hwy 41 due to pileups and abandoned vehicles. I was fortunate that it "only" took me 10 hours. Other drivers were stranded throughout the night on the expressways. It was Un-believable. My heart went out to the families that were waiting on their children still on school buses... AT 11PM!!!

Other scenes were like driving through the set of a disaster movie. Stranded people, abandoned cars and damaged car parts all over the streets, shoddy cell service, all hotels booked, school buses with kids still on them, and sheets of ice everywhere. The worst possible scenario happened; the entire city converged at the same exact time. What made matters worse was that the grid-lock prevented the DOT trucks from treating the roads, which is another gripe from many Atlantans altogether.

It was a surreal, yet incredibly humbling experience.

I'm glad you made it home safe A-n-A. It's been a mess. I did not even try the roads, just camped out at work. They're all still iced over and closed, looking like I might be here again tonight. At least I know my family is home safe, something I'm very thankful for.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Good to hear, dh. I hope you keep safe and warm. The roads will hopefully thaw tomorrow. My neighborhood is actually looking halfway decent today. Though, I still don't dare give it a go. I'm thankful for warm water, food in the fridge + pantry, and bathrooms.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I'm glad you made it home safe A-n-A. It's been a mess. I did not even try the roads, just camped out at work. They're all still iced over and closed, looking like I might be here again tonight. At least I know my family is home safe, something I'm very thankful for.

Same here. Tried leaving the Alpharetta area twice yesterday. Finally ended up back at the office after spending about three hours sitting still in traffic. The floor wasn't as soft as my bed, but it was a HECK of a lot safer and warmer in the office than on the roads. Wife and kids got home safely, so that's all that mattered. I called in the wee hours this morning and got a hotel room for tonight since I have to be in the office until after dark. Glad a got ahead of the hordes of people who will be looking for a room tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn