Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

I think this thread needs to be renamed. Apparently, a lot of people just want to vainly post pictures of hats, fedora title notwithstanding.

Most long lasting threads have morphed somewhat. Most of us enjoy seeing all kinds of hats out and about and it’s easy enough to ignore those that you don’t have any interest in. I don’t see the need to change to title at all.

This is called The Fedora Lounge, but it’s now about a lot more than fedoras and there isn’t a need to change the name. I hope you feel free to post your homburgs, boaters, trilbies, bowlers/derbies, top hats, tricorns, western dress, outback, cowboy, caps, berets, movie inspired hats, and anything else you want. It works just fine as it is. Most of those who contribute to threads don’t demand purity…we often have a lot of fun getting off topic. You should join in.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I think this thread needs to be renamed. Apparently, a lot of people just want to vainly post pictures of hats, fedora title notwithstanding.

oh lighten up. We have 'serious' threads with research and pictures, and we have 'fun' threads. This is clearly the later. I'd by lying if I said I don't dabble in a little pedantry here and there, but c'mon. I rather enjoy this great outdoors/vacation/places of interest thread.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Always thought I was destined to be an ex-pat living in either Costa Rica, Cuba, or maybe Ireland (except for the weather). @KarlCrow.
Good weather, rum, & cigars.

View attachment 365916

View attachment 365919

View attachment 365915

View attachment 365914

View attachment 365913

View attachment 365912

View attachment 365910

View attachment 365911

View attachment 365917

View attachment 365918
Q45PjEh.jpg

BZ5To1N.jpg
SF3m7c8.jpg
2iANDQ5.jpg

Spent the afternoon with my 23 year old daughter at the di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art in Napa CA. Very interesting art museum. The displays were local artists mostly form the 1960's and 1970's.
Always thought I was destined to be an ex-pat living in either Costa Rica, Cuba, or maybe Ireland (except for the weather). @KarlCrow.
Good weather, rum, & cigars.

View attachment 365916

View attachment 365919

View attachment 365915

View attachment 365914

View attachment 365913

View attachment 365912

View attachment 365910

View attachment 365911

View attachment 365917

View attachment 365918
Go for the rum & cigars. The weather here is truly awful. I'm in my 50s now and my joints are arthritic. I may move to Portugal where the Cuban cigars are more affordable. That's the dream at least.

Sorry, not logged in in a while. I'm ok though. I bought a tube amp for Christmas but my ears (replacement ear drums and Titanium ear bones) can't take it so back to being awful on the acoustic. All those lifestyle choices beginning to catch up.

(-: k

Go for the rum & cigars. The weather here is truly awful. I'm in my 50s now and my joints are arthritic. I may move to Portugal where the Cuban cigars are more affordable. That's the dream at least.
When I put Dublin on my short list I was thinking mainly of enjoying the 500+ yr old pubs, the river & if it still runs the last bus of the night coming out of there after the pubs close affectionately call the Vomit Comet. That driver deserves hazardous duty pay.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
oh lighten up. We have 'serious' threads with research and pictures, and we have 'fun' threads. This is clearly the later. I'd by lying if I said I don't dabble in a little pedantry here and there, but c'mon. I rather enjoy this great outdoors/vacation/places of interest thread.
Lol...must have scared him off with that scathing response, Jared.
That or he’s out lookin for fedoras in the field to post instead of whining.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
When I put Dublin on my short list I was thinking mainly of enjoying the 500+ yr old pubs, the river & if it still runs the last bus of the night coming out of there after the pubs close affectionately call the Vomit Comet. That driver deserves hazardous duty pay.

Jack, a few years ago you couldn't remember the nickname of the night-bus. And you asked me 'hey man I was in Dublin, and I went to clubs but like everywhere they probably changed there name, (they do) but surely that bloody night bus is still called that snappy name?' And I had no clue. And you went off and fecking remembered. (I was banned her for swearing but surely by using a different vowel... Yawn... Some mod called me not a gentleman so I quit, I ner hurt any1 here) . 'The vomit comet' yeh I remember that.

I like the rhyme of language here. You ever make it here again, you tell me. K

Last edited:

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Jack, a few years ago you couldn't remember the nickname of the night-bus. And you asked me hey man I was in Dublin, and I went to clubs but like everywhere they probably changed there name, (they do) but surely that bloody night bus is still called that snappy name? And I had no clue. And you went off and fecking remembered. (I was banned her for swearing but surely by using a different vowel... Yawn... Some mod called me not a gentleman so I quit, I ner hurt any1 here) . 'The vomit comet' yeh I remember that.

I like the rhyme of language here. You ever make it here again, you tell me. K

I wrecked my head thinkin about that snappy name. I'd ask people after you asked for the reminder. But it was called that. I remember. So much of the city is rhymed in name. A dying tradition. It wrecked my head since as I knew it was somewhere in my brain. It was called that for maybe a year or two but is still by ageing retrobates. We open up again after covid tomorrow, maybe the night bus from the weekend. Full of Google translators . But you remembered. Thanks for the reply Jack. K

Last edited:

Mighty44

One Too Many
Took my son to baseball tryouts at his high school in Brooklyn opposite Fort Greene Park this morning so my wife and I got some coffee and took a stroll through the park. I’d never been inside the park service building there or known the whole history of the Prison Ship Martyrs Monument—11,500 Revolutionary War dead and their remains housed in the crypt beneath the park. Amazing story — including early advocacy by Walt Whitman to create a memorial. Youforget how much history there is in New York when you’re just living your everyday life. For Spike Lee fans, this is also the location from She’s Gotta Have It where the world turns color ala Wizard of Oz —thought the park has been cleaned up considerably since then.

David

8DA125CB-8F60-403A-907E-D7D47C162920.jpeg
0C8464D6-0AAC-4514-BE89-F75E4498F9E5.jpeg
71E271A5-0A8F-4E43-B49F-78E17749DB53.jpeg
DD35C7DC-2C48-4FF8-9B80-09460834A4D9.jpeg
03790A0E-D7D3-45D2-879C-9645526D26B8.jpeg
FA7212AA-10B7-42E3-B3CD-BE10683C81A4.jpeg
67B76335-75BF-4C9C-83A8-F189F098A565.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member