Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Rumad

One Too Many
Here are a few shots of a hat afield (not a fedora, but who cares?). And the explanation why I haven't been posting for the last few weeks. Vacation took me to Heidelberg, Germany and a Mayser homburg was the hat I took with me.

View attachment 359322 View attachment 359323 View attachment 359324 View attachment 359326 View attachment 359328 View attachment 359330 View attachment 359331 View attachment 359332 View attachment 359333 View attachment 359334
Wonderful pictures Stefan, and I love the MAYSER. Hopefully you kids had a good time. Welcome back!

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Vigi 9.jpg

A week in the Mareo valley where the Ladin language is spoken, a rare and surviving one in the valleys of the Dolomites east of Bolzano.
Vigi 1.jpg

Seven intense days of walking kilometers long to keep fit and admire in a week of splendid weather, autumn arrives with cold temperatures at night and warm during the day
Vigi 2.jpg

Vigi 3.jpg

In sudden and fast sunsets the Dolomites turn pink
Vigi 8.jpg

The landscapes and the high peaks appear out of the woods or after a curve like enormous giants corroded by time
Vigi 9f.jpg

Vigi 9h.jpg

We walk, we struggle, we meet travelers on the paths and we are all enchanted by the "Pale Mountains"
Vigi 9d.jpg

Vigi 6.jpg

Greetings to these beauties for some more time and to admire them again in their majesty
Vigi Daniele.jpg

View attachment 364233
A week in the Mareo valley where the Ladin language is spoken, a rare and surviving one in the valleys of the Dolomites east of Bolzano.
View attachment 364234
Seven intense days of walking kilometers long to keep fit and admire in a week of splendid weather, autumn arrives with cold temperatures at night and warm during the day
View attachment 364235
View attachment 364236
View attachment 364237
The landscapes and the high peaks appear out of the woods or after a curve like enormous giants corroded by time
View attachment 364238
View attachment 364239
We walk, we struggle, we meet travelers on the paths and we are all enchanted by the "Pale Mountains"
View attachment 364240
View attachment 364241
Greetings to these beauties for some more time and to admire them again in their majesty
View attachment 364242

Simply breathtaking Danielle! Oh, the wind seems to have blown your baseball cap around backwards, fix it, will you:p

View attachment 364233
View attachment 364234
View attachment 364235
View attachment 364236
View attachment 364237
View attachment 364238
View attachment 364239
View attachment 364240
View attachment 364241
View attachment 364242
Beautiful photos Daniele. Thank you for sharing.

quikrick

One Too Many
yk9Bham.jpg

Taking a break with Miss Lucy

fq655po.jpg

If you are from Southern California or happen to visit, I highly recommend Calico Ghost Town near Barstow CA. We happened to catch "Calico Days" this weekend. A very cool celebration with tons of fun (google it!). It was western hat heaven and people all dressed up in period gear, really cool legit westerns all over the place. I should have taken more pics.

View attachment 364233
View attachment 364234
View attachment 364235
View attachment 364236
View attachment 364237
View attachment 364238
View attachment 364239
View attachment 364240
View attachment 364241
View attachment 364242

Looks like some bright sun…if only there was something you could wear on your head that had a sort of brim that would shade your eyes and face. Someone should come up with something like that. :)

Striking country, Daniele. I run into hikers all the time where I work and I can always tell the Europeans. The Americans are all about conquering the mountains and meeting their goal and the Europeans are more focused on enjoying themselves, taking on the scenery, and meeting new people. I like the European way better. Yosemite National Park gets visitors from all over the world, but the Italians are the best dressed hands down. I don’t mean the hikers, but the people just touring the Valley and walking the paved paths to the waterfalls etc. The Italians regularly look like they walked off the cover of a fashion magazine.

Looks like some bright sun…if only there was something you could wear on your head that had a sort of brim that would shade your eyes and face. Someone should come up with something like that. :)

Striking country, Daniele. I run into hikers all the time where I work and I can always tell the Europeans. The Americans are all about conquering the mountains and meeting their goal and the Europeans are more focused on enjoying themselves, taking on the scenery, and meeting new people. I like the European way better. Yosemite National Park gets visitors from all over the world, but the Italians are the best dressed hands down. I don’t mean the hikers, but the people just touring the Valley and walking the paved paths to the waterfalls etc. The Italians regularly look like they walked off the cover of a fashion magazine.
My wife and I were returning from an all day hike in Arches Nat Park/Utah. We encountered a very beautiful young Italian couple on the trail. My wife and I each had emptied our large Camelback hydration packs, looked like crap after a day of hiking in 95degree temps. Well these two youngsters looked like they had just stepped out from the pages of a fashion mag, her in a pretty summer dress with sling back pumps. Him in his skinny jeans, loafers with no socks. He carrying one plastic 350ml bottle of water. We looked at them, looked at each other and remarked we don't look that good when we are dressed for a night on the town. I hope they were not going far!

...If you are from Southern California or happen to visit, I highly recommend Calico Ghost Town near Barstow CA. We happened to catch "Calico Days" this weekend. A very cool celebration with tons of fun (google it!). It was western hat heaven and people all dressed up in period gear, really cool legit westerns all over the place. I should have taken more pics.
It's been a lot of years, but my wife and I made the trip one day just because. I understand it's now part of San Bernardino County Regional Parks, but at the time it was still owned by the Knott family and it had their fingerprints all over it; kind of a "Knott's Berry Farm light" because there weren't any roller coasters. We were able to see through that and appreciate the town for it's historic value, so it was worth the trip for us.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Simply breathtaking Danielle! Oh, the wind seems to have blown your baseball cap around backwards, fix it, will you:p

Beautiful photos Daniele. Thank you for sharing.

My wife and I were returning from an all day hike in Arches Nat Park/Utah. We encountered a very beautiful young Italian couple on the trail. My wife and I each had emptied our large Camelback hydration packs, looked like crap after a day of hiking in 95degree temps. Well these two youngsters looked like they had just stepped out from the pages of a fashion mag, her in a pretty summer dress with sling back pumps. Him in his skinny jeans, loafers with no socks. He carrying one plastic 350ml bottle of water. We looked at them, looked at each other and remarked we don't look that good when we are dressed for a night on the town. I hope they were not going far!

Thanks Mike and Joe for your words. The baseball cap turned on its own, dear Mike, and there was no way to put it back on until late afternoon when the sun came back in front of my eyes.
Brent, your observations on experiencing excursions apply perfectly to what happens in the Dolomites. That day of the photo we were in a wonderful spot and we had come up from a dirt road with a medium incline. We climbed at a slow pace and stopped to drink and rest in a green meadow on the way up, and we were overtaken by two young couples equipped to go to the Himalayas. Beautiful, bold and full of life, crashed half a kilometer from the pass and pissed off because they said they had taken the wrong road. I photographed quietly with them yelling with the "guide" for his arrogance. No attention to the beautiful place, just an urgency to walk a path that started two hundred meters higher from the place of their silly discussion, I pointed it out and they fell silent. We spent half an hour sunbathing with them still arguing. Mah! On the elegance in the mountains "boy from Belfast" and Brent I too saw this year a display of designer clothing for the mountains and technicians used to go to the baker :)
These are modern, new and interesting times:rolleyes:

Thanks Mike and Joe for your words. The baseball cap turned on its own, dear Mike, and there was no way to put it back on until late afternoon when the sun came back in front of my eyes.
Brent, your observations on experiencing excursions apply perfectly to what happens in the Dolomites. That day of the photo we were in a wonderful spot and we had come up from a dirt road with a medium incline. We climbed at a slow pace and stopped to drink and rest in a green meadow on the way up, and we were overtaken by two young couples equipped to go to the Himalayas. Beautiful, bold and full of life, crashed half a kilometer from the pass and pissed off because they said they had taken the wrong road. I photographed quietly with them yelling with the "guide" for his arrogance. No attention to the beautiful place, just an urgency to walk a path that started two hundred meters higher from the place of their silly discussion, I pointed it out and they fell silent. We spent half an hour sunbathing with them still arguing. Mah! On the elegance in the mountains "boy from Belfast" and Brent I too saw this year a display of designer clothing for the mountains and technicians used to go to the baker :)
These are modern, new and interesting times:rolleyes:
Can be true of life in general… sometimes we can focus too much on where we are going and forget to enjoy the journey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112