Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

RBH

Bartender
Yesterday, trying to keep up with my grand son Jack.
So many eggs so little time!!

8QuADN.png

Yesterday evening we headed out for the Testicle Festival held in the old tobacco warehouse known as the Weston Burley House. Some pics are downloads as I just didn't take many. I chose to wear my Knox American Royal.

IMG_9706.JPG

IMG_9811.PNG

IMG_9812.PNG

IMG_9762.jpg

Sponsored by O'Malley's Pub, McCormick Distilling, & Weston Tobacco Co, we enjoyed the good beer, whiskey, tequila & wine, hand rolled cigars, & live music by Outlaw Jim & The Whiskey Benders...worth the price of admission! But we ate before going in (no mountain oysters and fries!).

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9760.jpg

IMG_9758.JPG

And most definitely a reservation at one of the many local Victorian B&B's was in order, chauffeured to & from by golf cart. With mountain oysters, alcohol & cigars, this was the party the ATF & the FDA claimed might just kill ya!

IMG_9814.JPG

IMG_9815.JPG

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday, trying to keep up with my grand son Jack.
So many eggs so little time!!

8QuADN.png

Cheers for Jack keeping you cardiovascular endurance high. Cheers!

View attachment 417714 View attachment 417715 View attachment 417716
Planes of Fame air museum in Chino CA. Very cool museum.

View attachment 417717
We were allowed to board the B-17 in the background.

Looking sharp and very fit after the Winter season sir. Very cool place to visit. That looks like an enjoyable visit.

Yesterday evening we headed out for the Testicle Festival held in the old tobacco warehouse known as the Weston Burley House. Some pics are downloads as I just didn't take many. I chose to wear my Knox American Royal.

View attachment 419256

View attachment 419261

View attachment 419262

View attachment 419260

Sponsored by O'Malley's Pub, McCormick Distilling, & Weston Tobacco Co, we enjoyed the good beer, whiskey, tequila & wine, hand rolled cigars, & live music by Outlaw Jim & The Whiskey Benders...worth the price of admission! But we ate before going in (no mountain oysters and fries!).

View attachment 419259

View attachment 419258

View attachment 419257

And most definitely a reservation at one of the many local Victorian B&B's was in order, chauffeured to & from by golf cart. With mountain oysters, alcohol & cigars, this was the party the ATF & the FDA claimed might just kill ya!

View attachment 419263

View attachment 419264
Jack; Everything about the festival sounds and appears exciting. Wow! ATF and FDA be damned on occasion. This morning I can not imagine anything substantial missing from the festival. I add the crafted caveat as I might seek some coffee after such a grand celebration.

Fedoras Afield posts are enjoyable reads today.

Rumad

One Too Many

View attachment 419256

View attachment 419261

View attachment 419262

View attachment 419260

View attachment 419259

View attachment 419258

View attachment 419257

View attachment 419263

View attachment 419264
Now THAT sounds like a good day.

Fly fishermen. San Juan Islands, Washington. c. 1906.

View attachment 419909

The San Juans are one of my favorite places in the world. Pre-Covid, I went there every summer for the past 20+ years. I’ve never fly fished there, but I’m trying to get to Campbell River this summer. Along with a couple days on the ocean fishing, I want to try some of the rivers and I’ll be taking a fly rod.

Mighty44

One Too Many
My son had a baseball game in Central Park today and I had some time to kill during their pre-game practice so took a walk. I’m embarrassed to admit I have lived in NYC most of my life and had never explored the North Woods—unbelievably beautiful with stone bridges, hidden pathways, babbling brooks and birders galore out with their binoculars and telephoto lenses. I felt like I’d escaped through a magic portal into the English countryside. Of course the 3X OR was the perfect companion for such an excursion on this beautiful sunny day.

Cheers,
David
image1.JPEG
image3.jpeg
IMG_3986.jpeg
image4 2.jpeg
image0 2.jpeg

Just got back from spending the wk in the Kiamichi mountains & wilderness of SE OK. One of the hats I took was this Resistol Stagecoach. With few improvements to the area such as utilities, when the sun goes down it gets really dark at horizon level.

IMG_4413.jpg

Choctaw Indian legend & oral history of their time occupying the area (many still live there) tell of the hairy man (Sasquatch/Bigfoot) living & existing in the 100k acres that make up the wilderness. Most believe he's still there.

IMG_6284.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch