Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

feedback on fit #2

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Hi all...interested in honest feedback on fit (and if you are inclined, the jacket as well) of two different items that I am debating on keeping or exchanging (for different style)...

..... going against my normal disdain for photos of myself by posting a bunch here for critique :-0

Jacket #2 here_ size 40 cafe racer style....

KNSGTN4.jpg KNSGTN3.jpg KNSGTN2.jpg knsgtn_front2.jpg knsgtn_back2.jpg

Attachments

• KNSGTN1.jpg
    KNSGTN1.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 185

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Good fit! To me the sleeves are an inch or two to long, but if you like them like this it should be fine.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
great fit in my opinion, interesting combination on the surface, is it a combination of suede and leather or fabric & leather? and how is the ungusseted cuff experience for you?

Braz

Familiar Face
Good fit! To me the sleeves are an inch or two to long, but if you like them like this it should be fine.

The "long" sleeves are correct for a motorcycle Jacket. They fit right when the arms are extended to the handlebars. I have a very nice Brooks Leather size 38 jacket in a similar cut, dating from about 1970. Unfortunately I have gained about 3 or 4 sizes since then.:)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The "long" sleeves are correct for a motorcycle Jacket. They fit right when the arms are extended to the handlebars. I have a very nice Brooks Leather size 38 jacket in a similar cut, dating from about 1970. Unfortunately I have gained about 3 or 4 sizes since then.:)

"correct" is a strong word... I ride a bike and would still remove 2" from these sleeves. It's a personal thing, not a bike thing.

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Thanks all for the feedback! Very much appreciated.
Yes, sleeves are definitely long, but I like my sleeves slightly long and in my experience the horsehide will pull up quite a bit and get them about perfect for me. The wool is another issue....
Bunyip, these were both "sale" stock items so no choice of liner...I do love the blanket liner and quite a few others. the cafe racer has the camo liner. As far as fabrics, its a shinki horsehide with Millerain oilcloth. Makes it quite lightweight which I was looking for...a nice companion to my fqhh Aero Board Racer. Wasn't sure about the ungusseted cuff before I tried it, but I really like it. Again seems to work well with the weight of this jacket.

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Thanks all for the feedback! Very much appreciated.
Yes, sleeves are definitely long, but I like my sleeves slightly long and in my experience the horsehide will pull up quite a bit and get them about perfect for me. The wool is another issue....
Bunyip, these were both "sale" stock items so no choice of liner...I do love the blanket liner and quite a few others. the cafe racer has the camo liner. As far as fabrics, its a shinki horsehide with Millerain oilcloth. Makes it quite lightweight which I was looking for...a nice companion to my fqhh Aero Board Racer. Wasn't sure about the ungusseted cuff before I tried it, but I really like it. Again seems to work well with the weight of this jacket.

The jacket is crazy beautiful and it couldn't possibly fit you any better. As good as it gets. And the sleeves look perfect to me.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
The jacket is crazy beautiful and it couldn't possibly fit you any better. As good as it gets. And the sleeves look perfect to me.

Ditto. That is just a very smart jacket, the fit is great, the whole package. I would hazard a guess that there probably isn't too many of them on the street.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner