Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
Yes, the Jumpers are on the TruBalance last. I think the a cap toe just looks slick on that last.

I'll see what I can do about fit pics. I'm out of town for work at the moment and my wife and I fly from Alaska to California the night after I get back home, but I'll try and make sure I bring the Jumpers with us so I can get some good shots out in the sun. It's hard to capture how much burgundy undertones the boots have without natural lighting.

I have a not so detailed shot on my wife's Facebook that shows them a little, I'll try to find it and post it.

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
uja2ymah.jpg

amazu6a7.jpg

5ydy6eny.jpg

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
The usual suspects:
Alden 403 Brown Horween CXL Indy Boots
Lucchese Ropers Brown oil-pull
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots Horween CXL Brown
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots Horween CXL Black
Wesco Custom 8" Jobmasters Black

Novos

One of the Regulars
Red Wing's have always worked for me. A pair of Iron Rangers and one of the Beckman and I feel like I'm sorted now. If only I could use the same restraint with jackets. ;)

Those are nice!!!!
And, since we can't order them til next Spring, we'll have time to save up for the hefty $870.
That is unless Jacket Fever strikes this Winter.
:)

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
You could expect an 870 dollar aero to pretty much last you the rest of your natural life.... How does a top end pair of boots compare? Anyone have a pair they've been hammering at for a decade plus?

tonypaj

Practically Family
The only reason it's tough to drop $800 on a pair of boots is at some point, they're gonna step in sh*t. At least my jackets mostly avoid that lol

Mostly? I have 72 cows and 13 horses as my neighbors, "mostly" is not good enough here, you need to be 100% sure not to be sideways. Then again, you're also 100% sure to step in sh*t at some stage, upright or not...

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I was very tempted by these when they first came out. theyre built on a very similar last with essentially the same leather type (double veg tanned analine finished HH) as the RMJ Bucos and Toys McCoy Becks, but with a lower, block heel and leather outsoles (r/t half soles).

Just my two cents, but for a little extra scratch you can get Road Champs or Lofgrens, with a sleeker toe profile and cuban heel. Or save a little scratch and get some custom Wescos or Whites!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
You could expect an 870 dollar aero to pretty much last you the rest of your natural life.... How does a top end pair of boots compare? Anyone have a pair they've been hammering at for a decade plus?

There are just as many vintage boots out there as there are vintage leather jackets ;)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
They certainly can. Road Champs are only made in brown, but it's a very versatile brown (almost black). Lofgrens makes em in about five different colors (including blue). And wesco and white's offer dozens of options.

I didn't mean to speak too critically of these, but I guess I maybe did a bit. No sour grapes meant on my part. These are great boots for sure.

Graemsay

Practically Family

A well made pair of bespoke or benchmade shoes should last you thirty or forty years. The English style of construction can be repaired or resoled easily, and the point of failure tends to be the uppers which will wear through eventually.

Calfskin tends to be the most durable option, and will outlast Cordovan and other leathers.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Good question. I would think perfectly as dark seal is near black. however, I''m maybe not the best person to ask that because I've never owned em, but have seen a lot of evo pics where the color changes. Looking for a suitable match for your GW? :)

Suffice it to say the RCs are the boot I long for the most. Though I decided to purchase the Wescos for about $600 then put the extra. $400 towards my forthcoming Aero

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Not to my taste that kind of thing - I don't think I've ever spent more that $90 on any item of footwear. I've worn hardware store workboots for the past 25 years. I have a pair of shoes for the few times I wear a suit - once every 2-3 years. I think I have a pair of sneakers somewhere...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24