Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Here's an old one of me in a Perfecto style jacket, with drainpipes and leather TUK brothel-creeper/trainer hybrids... June 2006. I think this was the last time I can remember leaving the house without a hat (at least when not in some form of costume that precludes a hat...):

That's me on the left.
Brother, Crocs are the least of your worries... lol

pipvh

Practically Family
I think this proves we need a sub forum for the UK... lol

Brothel creepers are badass, with leathers or without! I used to more or less live in Robot shoes, preferably black suede with pink piping... Edward's right: I think if you scratch most of the UK vintage jacket/boots/selvedge obsessives these days, you'll find an old punk, or a mod, or even a ted underneath. I'm still waiting for the next ted revival. Can you imagine what the Japanese will do with it? Freewheelers drape jackets? Man...

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Here's an old one of me in a Perfecto style jacket, with drainpipes and leather TUK brothel-creeper/trainer hybrids... June 2006. I think this was the last time I can remember leaving the house without a hat (at least when not in some form of costume that precludes a hat...):

That's me on the left.

Picture yourself on a boat on a river....with cellophane trees and marmalade skies.:cool:

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I think this proves we need a sub forum for the UK...

Yes indeed. I am all for the UK Subs.

What was that about vintage clothing fans all being punk rockers? Yeah right!

I agree with Rocket to Russia being quality but to be honest reviewing Ramones records is a bit pointless. They are all Ramones records. My personal favorite is probably Too Tough To Die but the thing is that they slipped classics in on every record without exception. Even Brain Drain has the imperious I Believe In Miracles on it.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Boots are my bag!....and I often photograph them hoping someone will ask "What are your favorite boots to wear with VLJ's"?

MyCoolBoots_zpsbb6194ba.jpg
and
TheBootMan.jpg

-dixon cannon[/QUOTF]

Fantastic, but particularly love the pair on the upper far right. Who makes those?

Sloan1874, those boots pictured in the top photo, above right are JUSTIN (J.S. Justin?) but I don't know what the actual style is called. --dixon cannon

I actually forgot that I have a pair of Converse that I will wear with leather jackets...
Sort of based on the WWII Con's, these are great shoes, and look pretty decent too.
<br>

NewCons.jpg

<br>

WWII Con's
<br>

WWIICons.png

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
Hello,

I've been a member for a few years but did not post until the other day, I'm happy to be a part of the conversation.

I really love my Alden Brown CXL Cap Toe "Jumpers" from Leather Soul Hawaii and get a lot of wear out of them. I also have a pair of Alden Ultimate Indy boots in Kudu, also from Leather Soul, they wear well with any brown leather jacket I have, but they don't get as much use since picking up the Jumpers. My Natty CXL PT Boots from Leather Soul, don't match up enough for me to wear them with any of my leather jackets, but they get some decent use with other jackets.

My favorite boots are my Crockett and Jones Skyes in Burnished Chestnut, love them. I haven't worn them with any my leathers though because the chestnut tan shade doesn't jive with my jackets. I'm beginning to think that they would pair well with a blue cafe racer from Thurston Brothers, I didn't think to go to the other side of the spectrum until I saw their thread on here the other day. After seeing the pics of their blue jackets coming out I really think the contrast will look nice. I have some time to think about it though, I promised my wife no jackets until after we close on our house next month.

I was also interested in Alexander Leathers Simmons Bilt or Detroit in Oil Pull Tan Heavy Steer. I think the color would match up well with the Chestnut, but part of me is worried the color might be off once it shows up.

I also am a huge fan of Chuck Taylors. I have the John Varvatos Leather Chucks in both black and brown. I wear the black pair probably 3 or four days a week, mostly with a Perfecto style bomber jacket that I had made a few years back. I think they're the perfect combo really.

Thanks for reading!

-UDK

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
UDK, I wanna see fit pics of your Alden's, especially the jump boots (on the true balance last no?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot