Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20356333

Not really the place to post this perhaps, but UK members might be interested that Clarks Burgundy Horween CXL Desert Boots are being sold off at half price for £49.50 on the Clarks UK site. They have a few sizes left in those but all the sizes in the red Horween Latigo ones at £44.50.

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
Viberg Smokejumpers
IMG_8063.jpg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are those the horsehide Thorogoods?
I like the tan cap toe Grensons. Either pair of those would look good with a suit.

Thanks Bretron. I've had these rocketbusters for over 20 years. Unfortuneately, their prices have gone from sky high since then, and I've gotten a few kids and a housenote during that time, so probably no more for me.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
Good eyes. Those are horsehide.

Bretron I don't see any thing "semi-" about those Whites. Seriously nice looking boots. I like the heel. I used to have some lace to toe chippewa loggers with a heel like that, it is very comfortable for walking.

Dav nice Vibergs. Interesting choice of leather.

Here's a side by side of my 877s & 875s
ma7ebe3u.jpg

The 877s are about a year old, the low tops are about 6 years old and are fresh from crawling around under the house fixing frozen pipes. Sorry no action shot, I'm breaking in a new pair of Chuck Taylors today.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I've had a pair of those Clerks for a while. Lovely colour, although they do wear. SJ

Yes I wore Clarks Desert Boots, the original sand coloured suede ones, a lot yonks ago and they do get thin fairly soon if you're someone who wears out shoes quickly. But you can get almost any shoe re soled for a lot less than buying a new pair, and in a more hard wearing sole if you want.

Well worth it with these uppers which are usually found on much more expensive boots. Particularly at this price.

Some people have even had Desert Boots re soled in leather...

imgres.jpg

and these look nice. e1ee0ddf_tumblr_lkarmlk1J01qea6wro1_500.jpg

I like this style best. These are a Clarks boot that's been discontinued I think. But you can get them re soled like this.

CK62122_KS2_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
^^ What do you have there Mr. Blackadder?

Spitfire, I know you would like to try them on first, but Oak Street Bootmakers does have international shipping..

bretron

Call Me a Cab

Wow - really like these Oak Street Trench boots - anywhere in Europe, I can buy these? Anybody knows?

Not in Europe, but check out Tuckshop Sundries out of Sigapore. They have very cheap international shipping rates

EDIT- I thought it was standard $10/flat rate, but it's not. Still probably cheaper than some options but I don't know for sure

Last edited:

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Spitfire, I know you would like to try them on first, but Oak Street Bootmakers does have international shipping..
Just some cheap work boots I found on Japanese shopping site. The brand is called Superb, a Japanese brand but made in China that try to imitate expensive brands. Thought the colour is interesting, so bought a pair.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up

Not just that. These boots are not exactly cheap. If you ad postage, taxes and customs.....well, a european shop just might be easier on the budget.
:)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Spitfire, I'd send George (the owner) a message. He should be able to point you to a stockist.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Horween CXL desert boots arrived today. Perfect fit, lovely colour (and smell). Bargain! :D And now for the 'feet up' moment...

IMAG0401.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen