Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Those are the infamous Flightmasters; a 6" Jobmaster on the MP last, and featuring the vintage WESCO logo
They had those priced at $730, quite abit less than the Flightmaster. Another view.
jm56-3.jpg
c0105244_12424521.jpg

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Yeah I was going to say the same thing. Should be able to achieve this look at around $450

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Brogue captoe Semi Dress on the C461 last; all eyelets; standard heel; 700 soles; perfection!

CBFFF35C-27A8-442A-964C-B448AA19FB9B.jpg

FFB0F1D8-794B-4A95-B963-C36AACB40766.jpg

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Honestly, I wouldn't want shell cordovan for a "work" boot, anyway. I have several pairs of shell cordovan shoes. I love them and love the way they ripple, but I find that they spot up pretty quickly when they get wet. Some swear shell is the best for bad weather, but I find that water (rain) causes them to leave little raised spots that take a while to fade away.

Bretron those Whites are one of, if not THE best looking lace-up boots I've ever seen.

Great action shot Dickie T

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I orderd a pair thru muskhaven, jobmaster upper with a mp toe last. In about 10 weeks they should be there

Keep us posted!

Bretron those Whites are one of, if not THE best looking lace-up boots I've ever seen.

I know, I'm so intrigued by this last. It appears to be slightly pointier and roomier than the #55, plus the "bump" look. Very much contemplating a pair

Last edited:
Here's a question for y'all:
I've tried on all the Wolverine 1000mi line, and like the Krause boot the best. I've waited and watched on eBay for a better price than retail....Now I've got a pair of black ones comin' my way!!!!
BUT- what is Horween Dublin Leather? will it wear brown through like CXL?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Here's a question for y'all:
I've tried on all the Wolverine 1000mi line, and like the Krause boot the best. I've waited and watched on eBay for a better price than retail....Now I've got a pair of black ones comin' my way!!!!
BUT- what is Horween Dublin Leather? will it wear brown through like CXL?
Thanks.

Hey Mike, I have those exact boots, the leather has stayed black through out. Not like CXL at all. Dublin leather is allegedly tanned the same way Shell Cordovan is tanned, what ever that means. There are a couple of pictures of them up in the Wolverine Thread, in the General Attire and Accouterments section
Glad you got a deal, I paid full boat $$

Hey Mike, I have those exact boots, the leather has stayed black through out. Not like CXL at all. Dublin leather is allegedly tanned the same way Shell Cordovan is tanned, what ever that means. There are a couple of pictures of them up in the Wolverine Thread, in the General Attire and Accouterments section
Glad you got a deal, I paid full boat $$
How do you like them? After trying on many models, these felt and looked best to me. I think the originals are too narrow looking on my feet although they look great on the display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn