Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Although somewhat inartfully said, I understand the basic point. If we take a moment to really think about, we really are a spoiled lot around here -- myself included. Most of us don't have to get our hands dirty on a daily basis, but sometimes wish to look as though we do. Now I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but I do have a funny feeling my grandfather or father would laugh a bit at me rocking my $400 "work" boots into my law firm.

You're quite right and I agree Maxwedge had a point here. Most members of TFL are by no means "blue collar types", quite to the contrary. Blue collar workers simply couldn't afford the toys some members here own and they'ld call us insane to spend that kind of money for boots or jackets.
But we all know it is mostly a dressing-game, so why stating the obvious? I always liked boots like RW or White's but couldn't afford them for most of my life. Same with leather-jackets, god, I would have killed for an Aero 20 years ago! Well, maybe not :D. Now I can buy such things and I do, even if it would have looked better on a younger man. Sure, artificial aging of boots or jackets is nonsense, at least from my point of view, but, hey, it is a free world, do whatever pleases you! :D
Love, peace, and happiness! :D

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wearing Wesco's today.
IMG_2528.JPG

IXL

One Too Many
Just got the call this afternoon; my local boot shop just received a pair of White's Nomads, in my size! After confirming the fit/size, a pair will be ordered in Chromexcel.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Hi.i posted 3weeks ago about the problems i was having getting used to the arch ease on a pair of whites packers...i was on the verge of giving up with them..viola...put them on this morning and as if by magic they feel great...dont know how this has happened..i didnt wear them for a couple of days & this was my last go....im glad you guys told me to persevere.....:)

IXL

One Too Many
^^^ My pair of White's Smoke Jumpers hurt my arches for about three weeks before getting comfy. Now, I can wear them for 16 hours straight with no problem.

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
^^^^ They are funny that way. I remember you asking Peter and glad they worked out you'll get many years of enjoyment. I forgot to mention at the time that if the sizing isn't spot on, 1/2 size difference in lenght or wide can make all the difference. Seeing those Wesco's above reminded me I'm into the 10th week of waiting for mine, another week or two and I'll find out what all the fuss is over them is.

Nice ones! I'm so bummed that when I ordered mine they sent me an email that I'd ordered the last pair in my size and they were defects. So nothing ever came of the order :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925