Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

IXL

One Too Many
They also make good riding boots, but the rough-out leather on mine got marked up a bit, pretty early on, by the gear shift knob.

LouisBailie

Banned
All I could affors was a pair of used, beat up Russel Moccasin Art Carr Ostrich triple vamp will bull hide tongue chukka boots.

I had to replace the speed hooks with brass eyelets, replace the insoles with poron insoles, recontour the shape edges of the mid soles/soles, and stretch them to fit, but what the heck they were cheap.

moto_1016.jpg
moto_1017.jpg
moto_1018.jpg

My bulldogs old dumb bells are finally getting used.

Last edited:

Richard Warren

Practically Family
"these boots should not have left the factory or the store"
The QC person at the factory may speak a different language and have very different standards that allow them to pass initial inspection, also remember some times leathers moves/shrinks after the shoes or boots are made.

Seems more likely to me that management decided at some level to allow a certain degree of variance from spec to go out the door. I sure don't blame the QC person individually and I guess it's possible that nobody at the store ever laid eyes on them.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Same to you and yours, Sheepdog. I got into Frye boots because my wife bought a pair of lace-ups at a cowboy store down here over twenty years ago and I always admired their minimal look and solidity. In fact, I admired them so much that I now have seven pairs while she's still wearing those (I'm a swine, I know). Oh, those dirty looks? Magic word: "jewelry."

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
All I could affors was a pair of used, beat up Russel Moccasin Art Carr Ostrich triple vamp will bull hide tongue chukka boots.

I had to replace the speed hooks with brass eyelets, replace the insoles with poron insoles, recontour the shape edges of the mid soles/soles, and stretch them to fit, but what the heck they were cheap.

View attachment 21779
View attachment 21780
View attachment 21781

My bulldogs old dumb bells are finally getting used.
Those are nice looking. I'd definitely sport a pair...

Stumbled across some Red Wing 877's at Sam's Club last night. The price was good enough to convince "Santa" that they should be under the tree in the morning. Merry Christmas!

Congrats on those. My 877s are among the most comfortable and well made boots I own.

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
They have held up very well. They do look wornpyramid, but in that "old friend" sort of way. And, they be comfy, on the bike and off. (Please don't show that last sentence to my English-teacher wife.)
=) haha... I agree, they're very comfortable. I may add some comfy soles to them.

Last edited:

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Breaking in a new pair of RRL Engineer Boots... Might have to take them to my cobbler, since the R/boot fits too tight around the top of my foot... Aside from that, they're awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points