Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

wdw

One Too Many
I have the Boss with the commando sole, which I like a lot, but I'd also like a pair with the smooth soles like yours. RRL is never cheap in the UK, much dearer than the US, and I don't think I've even seen that RRL style on sale here. I do buy RRL shirts, though, as I've not found a shirt brand I like more.

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
This was my 1st RRL purchase, but they really have some nice quality stuff... Someday, I would love to get a pair of their studded engineer's...

PS -- the BOSS boots look superb too

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Zombie_61 -- I used to feel the same way, but I developed a real liking to them... Now, I wear them pretty much on a daily basis, at least whenever I'm wearing jeans, which is quite often... They become like a "trusty buddy ", one who's always there for ya.

Last edited:
a7eb4551e91bdb48a2a6695774a6773f.jpg

Merry Christmas to me! Straight from the mailbox, first time on my feet. Iron Rangers in amber color. I was gunning for black ones, but the Mrs. talked me into brown because I already have 'enough' (her word, not mine) black boots. I'm glad she did, though.
cb96841685dc15e0f63a467054c30a38.jpg

Here's a pic of my 8166 in kind of an oxblood/cordovan color (I think RW calls it russett). They are about to be retired from full time service. They still look surprisingly decent after 2 years of near daily wear in the field (I'm a plumber, so they've definately been put through some $hit). They're desperate for a resole, so I figured I'd pull the 'NEED some new ones' card. Hope the I.R.s hold up this well.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Merry Christmas to me! Straight from the mailbox, first time on my feet. Iron Rangers in amber color. I was gunning for black ones, but the Mrs. talked me into brown because I already have 'enough' (her word, not mine) black boots. I'm glad she did, though.

There's a reason certain things become classics, and those boots are classic. That amber harness just looks great with jeans, I don't know how I don't have a pair yet because every time I see them I think they are the perfect casual work boot.

Last edited:
There's a reason certain things become classics, and those boots are classic. That amber harness just looks great with jeans, I don't know how I don't have a pair yet because every time I see them I think they are the perfect casual work boot.

Thanks. I've been eyeballing them a long time myself, and finally a little extra cash (very rare thing around my house) came along so I jumped on them while I had the opportunity.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Breaking in a new pair of RRL Engineer Boots... Might have to take them to my cobbler, since the R/boot fits too tight around the top of my foot... Aside from that, they're awesome.
[/URL]

Nice. I saw a one tonight in the RRL store in SF and it had what Wesco would call "loose grain" on the toe box.
Yours looks great. You can probably get the simple tool to stretch boots for about the price the cobbler will charge you,
and it'll let you stretch the boot longer and repeat treatments if necessary. I got one, after which the boot in question
broke in enough on its own. Figures!

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
feltfan -- Thanks, I'll have to give that a try...Yep, they seem to be made from a high quality steerhide. Hopefully, they develop a nice patina with use.

Last edited:

Jim Green

New in Town
I recently picked up a pair of Kenneth Cole New York Italian made laced up/buckled leather work or hiking boots. They lace up and have a buckle at the top. They are black and have an extremely high gloss. They have an extreme apron toe. They are a model that is no longer in production. Size 11 with the number 1929 inside. I have tried them on but they are a little snug across the instep. I have a few questions and I was hoping someone might be able to help me.
I was curious when they may have been made?
What model they might be?
Original possible price range?
Will they fit better if I try to wear them in? Or is that an area that is hard to stretch?
I will add better pictures when I can.
photo53.jpg

photo54.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner