Field Leather Custom Manhattan

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by North_Star, Jan 15, 2021.

1. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

After noticing some of your jackets from Field Leather and seeing the detail and the leather, I knew I needed to get one.

So I contacted Greg and told what I had in mind interms of changing the pattern and going custom, and he was more than happy to go for it.

Now that I knew Greg could and would do it I started to make more detailed plan for the jacket (inspired by @Marc mndt)

Screenshot_20210115-154403.jpg Screenshot_20210115-154347.jpg

This is what he started to work with, some detail were changed from this as we worked towards the end result. And of course I went with the bespoke option to get the fit right.

And here's the finished jacket and I can say it is amazing, the fit, the finish, the leather and the hardware are all top of the game. The stitch count and small stitch holes look so much better than what Aero or Schott does. The attention to detail is also way past them. There are no fuck it he wont notice parts in this, like there were on my Schott and all of the Aero jackets I've had.

IMG_20210115_125228__01.jpg IMG_20210115_125145__01.jpg IMG_20210115_125247__01.jpg

So all and all, this was the best experience I have had with buying custom leather jacket or anything from anywhere in that matter. The customer service is 10/10, the product IMO is 10/10. Working with Greg is a breeze, but more customer he gets the harder it gets to be this respondful as he is, so in future help might be needed.

The next jacket I will get will be from Greg 100%.

Sorry for the typos and such, english isnt my first language.

Fit pics will come as soon as I find someone to take them.:D

2. North_Star

3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Really nice! Those arches on the back are a great detail. Can’t wait to see how it fits. Congratulations!

North_Star likes this.
  4. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

I already thought this was your jacket I was looking at when I saw it on Instagram two days ago. Great design choices. Greg made a real piece of art. Congrats. How is the fit?

Edit: Greg did another great job at panel matching. He didn't do cutting / panel matching when working for Aero but this jacket (and mine) clearly show he learned quickly. He cuts the panels in such a way that there's a very subtle transition from granier parts of the hides to more smooth parts.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    red devil, torfjord and North_Star like this.
  5. North_Star

The fit is just what I wanted, so not too tight so I can wear a wool shirt underneath and not too loose to wear it in the summer with only a t-shirt. One important thing was, to be able to wear it fully closed up and not feel akward in it, and its surely does that.

red devil, willyto and Marc mndt like this.
  6. Tom71

Tom71 Practically Family

Superb Jacket! I really like the "Himel-esque" cuffs. Now I feel ready for some fit-pix...

ton312, sweetfights and North_Star like this.
  7. North_Star

Yeah you can deffinetly see that especially in the back. And i think this looks better and more lively than just plain grainy/smooth or harsh mismatcing that some makers do.

Marc mndt likes this.
  8. Jasonindenver

Jasonindenver New in Town

That is really nice!

North_Star likes this.
  9. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Fantastic jacket. Greg's presentation of the specs during the planning phase is very professional and ensures that every detail is covered.

10. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

Looks fast even laying down! Looks absolutely awesome.

North_Star likes this.
  11. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Great job on both the jacket and the post !! I might have missed it but what leather is this ?

North_Star likes this.
  12. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Impressive piece of art! Very well done...I'm speechless! Congratulations!

North_Star likes this.
  13. antoine p

antoine p Familiar Face

Everything looks great. The balance of front pocket sizes and shapes is especially excellent, the best in recent memory on a cross zip.
    Congratulations.

North_Star likes this.
  14. North_Star

It is the aniline black shinki

Marc mndt and handymike like this.
  15. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

FL's best leather imo. This is going to age beautifully.

North_Star likes this.
  16. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Stunning!

North_Star likes this.
  17. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Congratulations to a wonderfully made jacket with awesome design details. That's just great collaboration between the maker and customer.

North_Star and JustinW like this.
  18. roadking04

roadking04 Practically Family

Congratz. Great looking jacket. FL is a force to be reckoned with.

North_Star likes this.
  19. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

That is one mighty fine jacket and I believe that Greg Field is already on a league of its own, congrats.
    It will not surprise me if his waiting list rivals JC’s in the near future.

20. North_Star

This is what I love about the guy. There probably arent that many makers who allows this much of change in pattern and new design features, that his current models doesn't already have (like the trojan pocket and the sleeves). He had to do many example pieces and spend alot of extra time to make it happen.