Field Leather Custom Manhattan

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by North_Star, Jan 15, 2021.

1. oskar

oskar Familiar Face

Thats his nr1 problem. Too much variation in the colour and quality. He explained he needs to order larger quantities.

2. oskar

oskar Familiar Face

I am even willing to pay a little extra for it. We can ask him if we find 5 to 10 people. Tabacco badalassi or dark brown shinki would be my choice.

hondurasdave47 likes this.
  3. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

I thought he upped some prices already, anything custom or bespoke. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere on one of the threads.

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting mine. Has been delayed a couple times mostly because of "life happens" and I'm cool with it because I feel like I'm getting a good deal. But no doubt, I'm definitely glad I was in queue already as I suspect lead times and costs are going to grow. Bottom line, many of us on here have more jackets than we need, so waiting isn't the problem (or at least it shouldn't be). It's not like I don't have anything to wear LOL.

Tom71, Spiney, dannyk and 1 other person like this.
  4. willyto

willyto One Too Many

The problem now in my opinion is that with Brexit anyone buying from Europe now has to add +21%-25% VAT (Depending on Country) on top of the price plus shipping + Handling fees (Plus VAT on them) + import duties so all of a sudden the price isn't that inviting which is a shame. I wouldn't mind paying more to the maker but paying +300€ to customs... hurts a lot.

Maybe the US members won't have that problem because as I recall I think you don't pay anything up to $800 and maybe the import duties work differently but in European countries is like anything above 22€.

red devil, North_Star and Berto like this.
  5. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

the duty is free or 4%. that would be bearable. but the VAT is annoying.

6. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

I'm thinking of flying to Schotland to pick up a possible next jacket. €82 round trip. I'll get a nice weekend getaway as a bonus:)

Tom71, red devil, marker2037 and 2 others like this.
  7. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

good idea.
    Besides, I am still convinced that a company subject to VAT does not have to pay VAT when exporting abroad. For example, many friends from third countries have their VAT refunded at the airport when they left Germany. I am curious how it will develop in the next few months.

Marc mndt likes this.
  8. Captain Sensible

Captain Sensible A-List Customer

Give me a shout, I'll take you for a pint, and arm wrestle you to get my jacket back; lockdown restrictions permitting of course

Tom71, Fonzie, Jin431 and 2 others like this.
  9. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Deal. Great idea.

Tom71 likes this.
  10. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

just got pics of my finished jacket. Should have it by end of next week hopefully. I won't jinx it posting photos. Need that baby in my hands for it to be real. But needless to say, game changer.

JustinW, Tom71, North_Star and 6 others like this.
  11. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

They teacore with the golden lining is yours? Man that's a looker! Can't wait to see how it fits.

12. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D That's why don't want to jinx it. Looks great. Hope it fits great too.

edit: PS, it's like a copper color. We'll see what it looks like in real life, but kind of a reddish gold.

North_Star, Jin431 and Marc mndt like this.
  13. Tom71

Tom71 Practically Family

Well, why not plan a few weeks ahead and see if we can´t get a party together. I am in, provided the virus situation slows down a bit. Bet I can convince my wife for a follow-up weekend in Edinburg too...

Marc mndt likes this.
  14. Tom71

Tom71 Practically Family

Looks stunning! Mine should come next. Same leather, same basic style, but the devil will be in the details...

hondurasdave47 likes this.