Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers - Heart-shaped D-Pocket Navy blue Shinki HH red contrast

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks good in blue! I see you went for different sleeves compared the the original ELS/Mushman

146166034.jpg

146166034_o4.jpg

What else did you change?

JCSD

Practically Family
Hi fellow Loungers,

When I saw Greg's fist posts here, following his history and chatted with him throught WhattsApp I got the feeling that I really want to give a start-up business / talented and very polite/friendly/responsive person like he is as chance and taking the "gamble"! He was open to modify his D-pocket version to my desired jacket which is also positive. When taking my body measurements he was also very precise and when creating the "heart-shaped" D-pocket design he first of all sent me pics of first attempts which IMO were already perfect be he wanted to do it 110%. During making of my jacket he provided me with 20-30 pictures to see the progress.
Finally I received the jacket today and it exceeds my expectations and it's definitely worth its money! Stitching is very narrow and precise (more precisely and narrow compared to Aero or SB - I would say in the same "league" as Thedi). The navy blue Shinki smells intoxicating and better than Freewheeler's Shinki. When comparing it with other Shinki HH's it smells very similar to Himel's oil tanned Shinki. From leather touch it feels buttery soft and is comparable to Freewheeler's Shinki HH (similar to my Caboose). Leather doesn't really need any break-in. Heaviness is similar to Freewheelers. For me personally the Shinki is my favorite one as it feels softer/more pliable than Himel's Shinki with the same smell. You can already see that after wearing it it will get a lot of character.
Lining and stitching I chose wine red which I think is a very good contrast to the Navy blue. Hardware is nickel Talon - feels better than the standard Talon zippers Aero use.
All in all it couldn't get any better IMO and from workmanship and leather point of view this jacket in en par with my three favorite leather jacket makers Freewheelers (of course Freewheelers do use two stitching lines sometimes and thicker blanket lining - not sure if it's better), Thedi and Lost Worlds (even if the leather is not comparable). If I would buy another Shinki leather jacket I would definitely contact Greg again. Also from pricing point of view the price-quality ratio is very good IMO....you can get more than two jackets for a Freewheelers, Himel and 1.5 for a Thedi.
Here are pics - the blue colour is difficult to capture:
View attachment 240522
View attachment 240523
View attachment 240524
View attachment 240525
View attachment 240526
View attachment 240528
View attachment 240529
View attachment 240530
View attachment 240532
Great looking jacket. Will definitely have to hit Greg up for an order!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
great color play, red over blue reminds me of some jeans and olive zip is a nice contrast, and the fit is perfect, interesting pocket design too, is the flap give quick access to the big D pocket too or just to the smaller pocket?

marker2037

Practically Family
Saw Greg making that on instagram. Awesome jacket. I can’t wait for Greg to make something for me as he’s really setting himself apart by not only his finished products, but the entire process that he shows off on IG. It’s very fun to watch it all play out and you can absolutely tell he demands perfection from his products.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
It looks good in blue! I see you went for different sleeves compared the the original ELS/Mushman

146166034.jpg

146166034_o4.jpg

What else did you change?
@red devil Thank you! I changed the stitching colour, hardware colour, sleeves and studs above the sleeves and Shinki instead of Calf as Calf was not really an option for me like Mushmans / Electric Leather offer.

red devil

@red devil Thank you! I changed the stitching colour, hardware colour, sleeves and studs above the sleeves and Shinki instead of Calf as Calf was not really an option for me like Mushmans / Electric Leather offer.

Red on blue is a very nice combination, always worked :)

The ELS 70s style jackets come in Calf because it has the right balance of firmness and flexibility for these intricate designs. And they are Shinki... that is correct Shinki calf.

The Mushman collaboration comes in quite a few options, it is essentially made to order and Mushman offers other leathers such as Badalassi (not sure what their whole range of hide is)

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Red on blue is a very nice combination, always worked :)

The ELS 70s style jackets come in Calf because it has the right balance of firmness and flexibility for these intricate designs. And they are Shinki... that is correct Shinki calf.

The Mushman collaboration comes in quite a few options, it is essentially made to order and Mushman offers other leathers such as Badalassi (not sure what their whole range of hide is)
Yes, I was aware that Badalassi is an option but I was really digging Greg's Shinki HH, especially the navy blue Shinki HH and comparing approx. 2500€ (including duty and import tax) with approx 1100€ the decision was easy. Moreover I definitely wanted to give a young, talented and very friendly/responsive Artisan an opportunity to show his skills and flexibility to modify patterns and he exceeded my expectations. You can't go wrong with Greg IMO.

red devil

Yeah, customs and shipping are a real killer and you have to factor the current shipping being slower than usual (I still haven't had my ELS jacket sent).
Picking one up directly from there is actually not far off about €1300, but that is not an option at the moment. I am thinking a red badalassi version of this jacket with blue stitching would be very cool :)

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, customs and shipping are a real killer and you have to factor the current shipping being slower than usual (I still haven't had my ELS jacket sent).
Picking one up directly from there is actually not far off about €1300, but that is not an option at the moment. I am thinking a red badalassi version of this jacket with blue stitching would be very cool :)
Since pleasant anticipation is know to be the best kind of delight I think/hope the long waiting time is no issue for you. Yes, red Badalassi with blue stitching would indeed look crazy cool ;) Then we could make a side-by-side comparison of both jackets :)

Fonzie

One Too Many
I'm actually tempted to say that this is your coolest and best fitting jacket but your collection is so impressive that it is a difficult statement to make. I'm jealous, as well, is all I have to say.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
great color play, red over blue reminds me of some jeans and olive zip is a nice contrast, and the fit is perfect, interesting pocket design too, is the flap give quick access to the big D pocket too or just to the smaller pocket?
@navetsea Thank you for your positive feedback. The flap actually gives only access to the small D-pocket since there's no opening to the big D-pocket.

red devil

Since pleasant anticipation is know to be the best kind of delight I think/hope the long waiting time is no issue for you. Yes, red Badalassi with blue stitching would indeed look crazy cool ;) Then we could make a side-by-side comparison of both jackets :)

Yeah mirror jackets :D

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
your more aggressive front hem drop and little upturned tip at the edge where the zipper is to meet the other side is a lot better than the mushman version up there, also the shorter D pocket on yours looks better in proportion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points