Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Pandemic

One Too Many
First of all, congrats on the new jacket and I'm sorry you've lost your job. I have a few friends who work in the tourist / event sector and they've obviously been hit hard by the Covid situation. That sucks. I don't know whether your job loss is Covid related but I sincerely hope that you'll find a new job soon and I hope for all of us that Covid will be a thing of the past pretty soon.

Overall your jacket looks good. True craftsmanship. But I have to agree on the issues you've mentioned. I don't think those crease lines would not have been there if you would have added 0.5 here or there. It's obviously a pattern thing and personally I don't see it as the result of a design choice but I see it as a flaw.
I think I see what you mean with the neck circumference. I'm not sure it's the circumference though that's causing the collar to bend outwards. I think removing some material right here would address both the neck crease and the outwards bending collar. View attachment 305766
View attachment 305767

But maybe we're nitpicking and you should just enjoy your beautiful jacket.

Look at my HD Sportster. Same neck crease. Still a great jacket. View attachment 305776

I get that exact same pulling on my mtm sports coats and dress shirts. Never could figure it out - though a few tailors said it has something to do with my shoulder angle (drop shoulder or forward shoulder roll, I think?).

Last edited:

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
thanks, everyone. Yeah, like I said, I'm totally happy. We're not statues after all where our bodies are frozen with a perfect frame. Movement is going to cause creases, so be it. My Aero Sheene started off very similar and has smoothed out a lot. I think the Aero influence on Greg is to be expected, and I don't say that as a bad thing since I own three of those :) He warned me the Shinki is a bit stiff, so I think some breaking in is going to help with time and just the usual draping. The jacket is totally comfortable even without gussets so it's not like I'm fighting to gain room too.

And thank you very much, Marc, for your words about the job loss. I've been expecting it for a while so it wasn't a big surprise. On one hand I probably got much more time than I should have so I'm grateful for that. Believe me, I've learned, things can always be worse, so I'll stay focused on the positive. Plus I can look damn good while wearing my jacket in the meantime LOL. I think I'm very qualified to be a leather jacket salesman if anyone knows of any companies hiring LOL

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I love the forward mounted sleeve he does, narrow chest and all, to me belongs to the moto look. no excess leather pooling on the chest when hunching over with arms close together in front of you.

I don't like such config on any other jackets that have nothing to do with riding though, would look weird on casual jacket or single breasted buttoned jacket. but on CR BR moto look, sure I like them like that.

thinking about it looks similar with clothes designed for our four legged friend :D, broad back, narrow chest, forward sleeve, perhaps your dog'o or kitty looks cool too in cafe racer:p

Last edited:

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cool. I'm in Woodland Hills/Calabasas area.

I used to live in WH -- Westchester in particular -- gave the house to my ex as I ran out the door. Now I am further south -- closer to @dudewuttheheck (he is behind the curtain -- I am a stones throw north of the county line).

As to a GTG, my problem is this: I would never hang out with a group of guys that would keep company with someone like me.

046c70cf27962212740530f89072165e.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I used to live in WH -- Westchester in particular -- gave the house to my ex as I ran out the door. Now I am further south -- closer to @dudewuttheheck (he is behind the curtain -- I am a stones throw north of the county line).

As to a GTG, my problem is this: I would never hang out with a group of guys that would keep company with someone like me.

046c70cf27962212740530f89072165e.jpg
And yet you've hung out with @jeo and I at Inspiration;):p

m8CVKQb.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner