Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I do love the way it fits. Since you said you liked it, I took it out and measured it. As it turns out, the chest is 21", the waist is 18.25", and the bottom opening is 17.5", but it does lay flat so it's probably at least 18.25" as well in reality.

That is still a fairly strong drop of around 5.5". That's more than any of my other FW jackets, which all have at least 3" drops or more.

My new RMC which I really like the fit of goes from 21.5" in the chest down to 19" in the waist and bottom opening. Almost as aggressive at 5". I will likely be going for something similar with my Field Leathers jacket, especially as it will be short.
Thnx for measuring. May I ask how much the difference in length is between the front and the back on your Caboose?
A7DDAEEC-A367-4C0B-93C3-41EF9EA74DC7.jpeg

powerserge

One of the Regulars
I have received Frankenstein and I got nothing but great things to say about the jacket but I think photos will be easier for everyone. I tightened the adjusters a little too tightly on these initial photos.

View attachment 310439

View attachment 310425

View attachment 310426

View attachment 310429

View attachment 310428

View attachment 310427
Out of curiosity, what makes this a Frankenstein jacket? I’m still fairly new to jackets and wonder what jackets did you combine to make this one?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! I do love the way it fits. Since you said you liked it, I took it out and measured it. As it turns out, the chest is 21", the waist is 18.25", and the bottom opening is 17.5", but it does lay flat so it's probably at least 18.25" as well in reality.

That is still a fairly strong drop of around 5.5". That's more than any of my other FW jackets, which all have at least 3" drops or more.

My new RMC which I really like the fit of goes from 21.5" in the chest down to 19" in the waist and bottom opening. Almost as aggressive at 5". I will likely be going for something similar with my Field Leathers jacket, especially as it will be short.

That trucker is really well constructed especially the ever so subtle angle of the front drop.

I tell you it's nice having multiple jackets that fit well lol it's easier to give measurements for your next project to help ensure a great fit!

Can't wait to see what you and Greg come up with!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Out of curiosity, what makes this a Frankenstein jacket? I’m still fairly new to jackets and wonder what jackets did you combine to make this one?

No problem man, it's just a mixed/mashed of different design elements.
The front is inspired by a FW caboose with a different hand pocket placement that's angled so it's easier for me the user to use them. The back design is from a RMC disfarmer. The outer sleeve design is from a vintage aviator cross zip design. The zipper closure to the inside sleeve panel is moto inspired. It only worked so well because Greg made a fit jacket so we were able to adjust the design and measurement to suit my physique

Wow! It looks spot on!!

Thanks man! I appreciate it! I hope I hope to hype up Greg so much with it lol

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That trucker is really well constructed especially the ever so subtle angle of the front drop.

I tell you it's nice having multiple jackets that fit well lol it's easier to give measurements for your next project to help ensure a great fit!

Can't wait to see what you and Greg come up with!
Oh yeah it will be a big help! This is the first time I have leather jackets with fits that I like to base a custom leather jacket off of. I've never been in this fortunate situation before.

powerserge

One of the Regulars
No problem man, it's just a mixed/mashed of different design elements.
The front is inspired by a FW caboose with a different hand pocket placement that's angled so it's easier for me the user to use them. The back design is from a RMC disfarmer. The outer sleeve design is from a vintage aviator cross zip design. The zipper closure to the inside sleeve panel is moto inspired. It only worked so well because Greg made a fit jacket so we were able to adjust the design and measurement to suit my physique
That’s great that he was able to combine all these different jackets seamlessly into one. I can see how it could easily go wrong doing a Frankenstein kind of jacket and can look off. But he did great and you picked out some nice details for awesome jacket.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Oh yeah it will be a big help! This is the first time I have leather jackets with fits that I like to base a custom leather jacket off of. I've never been in this fortunate situation before.

I know the feeling! Ever since I got a near perfect fitting jacket, my made to order jackets have been spot on. It's a blessing but it's also a curse lol

That’s great that he was able to combine all these different jackets seamlessly into one. I can see how it could easily go wrong doing a Frankenstein kind of jacket and can look off. But he did great and you picked out some nice details for awesome jacket.

It's so easy to pick what you like in a certain jacket and wonder how that might blend with another design but the mock up jacket fit did not look good.
He made it look seamless with the final outcome but it was not easy at all. The mock up jacket needed minor redesigning and measurement adjustments.

Riu

Practically Family

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I have received Frankenstein and I got nothing but great things to say about the jacket but I think photos will be easier for everyone. I tightened the adjusters a little too tightly on these initial photos.

View attachment 310439

View attachment 310425

View attachment 310426

View attachment 310429

View attachment 310428

View attachment 310427
@Jin431 That's such a beautiful leather jacket and the fit is perfect! Greg is getting better and better! IMO he should add all these modifications to his standard portfolio. If I hadn't enough black leather jackets in a similar style, I would contact Greg right away. Congrats!!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Just saw this! Great fit, I really like those sleeves! Congrats on such a beautiful jacket @Jin431!

Yes, that's my favorite style to have the zipper on the inside panel and have a sleeve design on the outside panel. Plus the sleeve width has enough for layering that I can layer up but still slim enough. Thanks man! FL is pure awesome and skill, can't go wrong with Greg.

@Jin431 That's such a beautiful leather jacket and the fit is perfect! Greg is getting better and better! IMO he should add all these modifications to his standard portfolio. If I hadn't enough black leather jackets in a similar style, I would contact Greg right away. Congrats!!

Thanks @Robbie79! Much appreciated my friend.

I feel Greg and his FL company is going from strength to strength and he is already a part of the revered jacket maker circle. That would be cool to see for sure (if it sells then maybe I should get a discount on my next jacket lol)

I feel you, and you already have a great collection and I know the FW Mulholland is still on your list.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Yes, that's my favorite style to have the zipper on the inside panel and have a sleeve design on the outside panel. Plus the sleeve width has enough for layering that I can layer up but still slim enough. Thanks man! FL is pure awesome and skill, can't go wrong with Greg.

Thanks @Robbie79! Much appreciated my friend.

I feel Greg and his FL company is going from strength to strength and he is already a part of the revered jacket maker circle. That would be cool to see for sure (if it sells then maybe I should get a discount on my next jacket lol)

I feel you, and you already have a great collection and I know the FW Mulholland is still on your list.
@Jin431 I'm pretty sure that there will be many people interested in buying the same jacket you've just received granting you a discount on your next purchase would be just fair enough IMO. Btw. the FW Mulholland is no longer on my list unless I find a size 38 in very good condition at a reasonable price which preferably is located in the EU due to VAT+duty which, I know, is almost impossible...in this case I definitely would need to sell another similar one (I don't want and need another one in a similar style)...but which one to sell then?!?

Therefore I'm currently rather looking for a completely different style and I do have something in my mind but not from FL.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Wait times are now up to seven months, but I just got an email from Greg that he is starting my pattern on Saturday!
@JustinW OMG, I bet after posting another one or two modified nice jackets (plus the ones he already made and posted) he'll be at one year waiting time (I bet by Easter in two months). I'm sure he then would consider hiring new staff but training is time consuming, too unless new staff are former highly skilled colleagues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk