Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I placed an order for my second FL jacket ….. 12 months of waiting time.

amazing jackets.
Good decision! Which one? What kind of leather? Or are you still in the selection phase like me as you have enough time? I remember 14 months ago when I ordered my first...waiting time was about 3 weeks. Enjoy wearing your other jackets till then

Berto

One of the Regulars
Likely Brown Shinki pygmented.

the design will include a big crossed chest pocket.

8EAE0528-3CC5-4C0B-B929-58573DCFC4EA.jpeg
886289F3-F92D-4895-BFE9-F605DAA1081A.jpeg

Caber

One of the Regulars
I am planning on ordering a Field Leathers sheene this week or next. Can anyone answer some questions about the Brown oil tanned Pony leather

1. Is it really durable / tough?
2. How does it hold up in rain?
3. Will this patina like a top coat jacket?
4. is the oil pony a aniline leather?
5. Any examples of patina with this leather?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I am planning on ordering a Field Leathers sheene this week or next. Can anyone answer some questions about the Brown oil tanned Pony leather

1. Is it really durable / tough?
2. How does it hold up in rain?
3. Will this patina like a top coat jacket?
4. is the oil pony a aniline leather?
5. Any examples of patina with this leather?

1) It's 1.3 mm horsehide. That's thicker than a lot of vintage jackets that have survived decades of wear.
2) It looks like it has a (semi) transparent topcoat so it's probably water repellent
3) It has a top coat so I guess it will.
4) From what I've seen, the hide still shows imperfections / color variations so I guess it is aniline dyed.
5) I believe Greg made his first oil tanned pony jacket last week. Judging by the pics, this pony looks a lot like the hides Himel uses:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/himel-frobisher.85778/page-3#post-2151205

If you order now, you have a year left to think about which leather you'll choose :)

Caber

One of the Regulars
I placed an order this morning. I wish he could find a darker brown aniline leather or another darker shinki leather that did not use a top coat. I had a jacket that used a top coat once and I did not Like the light brown base showing through the dark brown top coat. I never really wanted a black jacket but if he doesn't get a darker Aniline leather before he is ready to make mine, I may just pull the trigger on the black aniline. It will be a hard decision between that and this new pony

Moontanning

One of the Regulars
I placed an order this morning. I wish he could find a darker brown aniline leather or another darker shinki leather that did not use a top coat. I had a jacket that used a top coat once and I did not Like the light brown base showing through the dark brown top coat. I never really wanted a black jacket but if he doesn't get a darker Aniline leather before he is ready to make mine, I may just pull the trigger on the black aniline. It will be a hard decision between that and this new pony

With wait times closer to a year now, there are likely to be some different leather options by the time you need to make decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ