Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The 7% price hike isn't unreasonable, but that wait till will deter a lot of people. I'm probably one of them.
I think it'll be mostly first time custom jacket buyers that will be deterred by the wait. If you already got many, who cares about half a year wait. (I know many of you actually do. But if you really want a FL, would 6 months waiting time put you off?)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I wonder which customer is more time consuming. The first time custom jacket buyer who doesn't know what he wants or how a jacket should fit, or the enthousiast who knows exactly how he wants his jackets to fit and therefore dictates every single detail.

I think it depends a lot on the maker, the buyer and the specific jacket model.
My project with greg was sorted in 16 emails, Norshore 43, most LW 10 to 20 but my latest one is at 33 and still counting.
I am sure some people take less emails to order, but i have heard that others take 200 emails to make up their minds...

powerserge

One of the Regulars
I personally I don’t think 6 months is all that bad and considering he’s a one man show. I have a pair of boots on order that I’m 1 year in of a 2 year wait time :) I’m glad he’s staying busy and decided increase his prices to scale his business. It’s the right thing to do especially if he wants to keep it a business rather than a hobby. Those who see the value in him will continue purchase and those who don’t will find something cheaper. His time is valuable and should be charged accordingly

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I personally I don’t think 6 months is all that bad and considering he’s a one man show. I have a pair of boots on order that I’m 1 year in of a 2 year wait time :) I’m glad he’s staying busy and decided increase his prices to scale his business. It’s the right thing to do especially if he wants to keep it a business rather than a hobby. Those who see the value in him will continue purchase and those who don’t will find something cheaper. His time is valuable and should be charged accordingly

Is that a White Kloud ny any chance?

powerserge

One of the Regulars
I should order something from him at some point, but I think that his waiting list is already longer
Yeah I believe last I heard it was already at the 3 year mark. It’s for sure worth it but the wait is getting long. I wonder at point makers decide to close their books due to a extremely long wait list. For me I put in my order and try think about it as little as I can

powerserge

One of the Regulars
That wait time is getting longer and longer. I'm so stoked for him getting plenty of orders. I'm so excited to see what comes next for him and his business. I should be getting my 2nd FL jacket tomorrow so I'm very excited to finally wear that Frankenstein
Oh that’s awesome, look forward to seeing it! What were the wait times like for each of your jackets? Planning for a 3rd one??

powerserge

One of the Regulars
I should have received it sooner (it's been w/ customs for 3 days now) but it's a holiday weekend so it got delayed a little. A good 4 months wait for this jacket. I already have a black j24 D pocket on order.
That’s not too bad actually and congrats on the next one! Are you going straight repro or will you be adding/removing any details?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
That’s not too bad actually and congrats on the next one! Are you going straight repro or will you be adding/removing any details?

Yep, not too bad of a wait at all. I should receive the j24 quicker than the mentioned 6 month wait time since this order was from last fall. I'll keep it clean and simple, ill request for it to have no gussets/belt loops/epaulette, and it will have a different sleeve design

powerserge

One of the Regulars
Yep, not too bad of a wait at all. I should receive the j24 quicker than the mentioned 6 month wait time since this order was from last fall. I'll keep it clean and simple, ill request for it to have no gussets/belt loops/epaulette, and it will have a different sleeve design
Very cool, and I agree I think does make it a cleaner jacket. Less busy overall. Look forward to seeing it!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yeah I believe last I heard it was already at the 3 year mark. It’s for sure worth it but the wait is getting long. I wonder at point makers decide to close their books due to a extremely long wait list. For me I put in my order and try think about it as little as I can

There are not many options if Greg doen´t want to expand at this point in time. It´s all moving very fast for him ATM, so this is a tricky time.
Let´s hope he isn´t ending like Ship John who are basically selling based on a lottery system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy