Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
Nothing is locked in until he contacts you that he's ready to start building. So all you're doing is pulling the ticket at the meat counter. You can change your mind 100 times before then.
Thanks for clarification! I just pulled the ticket and already starting find myself having trouble to decide on the colour . Probably will have to get more than one jacket. That seems to be a common solution to such "problems" here around. N+1 ist the right amount of bikes (that I know for a fact), maybe it's the same with leather jackets. They are easier to store though.
Daniel

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
Thank you for your answer. Is there a "clickable" option for a bespoke Jacket or did you ask for that as an additional comment to your order?
Daniel

When you are in his "shop" and you are looking at the order page for the model you have selected, the drop down for "Size" right at the bottom you select "Bespoke". This automatically adds 100 pounds to the price, and you are then doing the bespoke order.

marker2037

Practically Family
Just wanted to photograph the great details of Greg’s work and the lovely shinki teacore leather.

ACF8A3D1-3FF0-4261-BF0C-6471EDD4528D.jpeg
A7D43684-6061-45FA-B706-962C0CB1D4C4.jpeg
87F0A6AF-4C42-4668-94D7-012986BDF899.jpeg
C96AD920-BEA4-4AED-9C87-B3A2D1853A20.jpeg
A46313FF-EDD4-4500-B1C0-40D5A5A2C548.jpeg
F14F4D20-9BC8-4011-A158-4123E8204BAE.jpeg
F4324ADF-0E55-49A5-9B9D-345302B126C7.jpeg
30AF41E1-F1D9-4325-A2D8-581123494AB4.jpeg
7602F1D1-369F-4A62-9581-49630761D3D5.jpeg
C92DFFFD-F1CE-4E6B-9540-620088A2C05D.jpeg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
spectacular. I've been wearing the hell out of my Route 66 teacore and I have no signs of breakthrough yet. But I think I'm getting close. Texture, grain, overall feel, etc. have evolved incredibly though.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Nice one! The brass age beautifully and the teacore /stitching color match well, making the blend very smooth. Greg did well building this. You did well wearing this.

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
When you are in his "shop" and you are looking at the order page for the model you have selected, the drop down for "Size" right at the bottom you select "Bespoke"
Thanks for the advise but I to fast and fucked up a little bit. Sam kindly sorted this out for me, so all is well now.

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
A question towards the owners of the Idaho model.
Does the center vent have a real function or is it more of a design choice? I think it looks great when not fully in action so to speek, but I am not sure if I like the look of basically a large gaping pleat. Is there any mechanism to pull the vent shut again, when not needed?
Daniel

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Does the center vent have a real function or is it more of a design choice?
I own an Idaho with open center vent. It enhances movability / forward reach.

Is there any mechanism to pull the vent shut again, when not needed?
I don't think so. The Shinki leather is reasonably thick (1.3mm) and it holds creases quite well. Once creases have formed, the center vent will stay open. (see below)

B6F3A381-9A06-4E9C-AF77-45C3CE503CD4.jpeg

Kuro

Practically Family
What deposit is required to get on the waiting list??
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that you place an order on his website for the model you want and pay in full. Then once he reaches out, discussion about modifications etc. is carried out.

Kenan

A-List Customer

calvin006

New in Town
Great looking jacket @XOlive!

I've got an order in with Greg and trying to make some decisions ahead of time. The plan is for a black cross zip and the first big decision is leather: black aniline, black tea core, or black pony? I'm hoping owners of these can weigh in with their experiences. I've read a few of @Jin431's previous comments but it'd be great to get a comparison update after months of wear.

For me, durability is paramount as this will be an everyday jacket that will see some rain and everyday abuse. This has me leaning toward tea core as I've read the top coat lends some protection against rain. Maybe it also takes scratches better than the "softer" aniline?

calvin006

New in Town
Update: I went digging back in this thread and others and found some good info from @Marc mndt and @Canuck Panda.

The "natural" state of the aniline is very cool. It seems very pliable, allowing it to crease, roll, and conform to body shape in a way that the top coated leathers can't quite do. But reading that it absorbs water "like a sponge" is concerning. Can rain ruin it? Or is it a matter of extra care (drying, reshaping, etc) after water exposure?

The pony has its merits. I've noticed it looks very corrected. Will grain develop on the pony over time?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
But reading that it absorbs water "like a sponge" is concerning. Can rain ruin it? Or is it a matter of extra care (drying, reshaping, etc) after water exposure?
I got mine soaking wet several times without any issues. Just make sure you don't let it dry near a heat source. I didn't have to do any reshaping.

Chrome tanned leathers will keep you dry for hours even when going through heavy down poor. If that's what you're looking for, Shinki is not the way to go.
The pony has its merits. I've noticed it looks very corrected. Will grain develop on the pony over time?
@Jin431 any updates on your pony Manhattan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko