Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't you mean Fine Creek? I don't know of any fast aging FW leathers.

They call it “Black Jack”. It’s a russet brown with a black topcoat so thin that it comes off with a touch, basically. It looks awful.

Their more normal brown with a black pigment finish is called “Vintage Black”.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
They call it “Black Jack”. It’s a russet brown with a black topcoat so thin that it comes off with a touch, basically. It looks awful.

Their more normal brown with a black pigment finish is called “Vintage Black”.
Ah, I've handled a couple of those. It doesn't come off with a touch but I do agree it's not a good look. Personally I'm not a fan of 'teacore' leather at all. With the exception of my Thedi which is brown leather that has been hand dyed with a black dye that penetrates the leather. The result is a much more subtle fading.

Black Jack

A05A0AE5-E48A-4FB9-B1C7-864844A3CD27.jpeg
4B7CEC40-8198-48C2-9B12-70F05F3ADFE0.jpeg
A98188B2-644C-494F-8670-056A361196E0.jpeg

Hand dyed Thedi

9EBC4141-9F08-4B51-A2AC-5177EE197950.jpeg

Ah, I've handled a couple of those. It doesn't come off with a touch but I do agree it's not a good look. Personally I'm not a fan of 'teacore' leather at all. With the exception of my Thedi which is brown leather that has been hand dyed with a black dye that penetrates the leather. The result is a much more subtle fading.

Black Jack

View attachment 485655 View attachment 485656 View attachment 485657

Hand dyed Thedi

View attachment 485668

Zooming in on those small yet perfectly stitched triangles at the end of the belt loop. Damn.

Which Thedi hide is this? Stunning up close.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
'Bruciato' hh, 1.5mm
You got me at HH 1.5mm

Actually I've been wanting to get a Bruciato HH jacket for some time now. But nothing really show up on the used market. I have a hunch that Thedi uses Maryam HH which I don't have yet. Just fired off an email hope he has some stocking jackets in his store.

Maxxmitten

New in Town
Got this back in July but haven’t shown it yet. It’s a custom design based on few different jacket designs that are out there. It’s made of the full aniline Shinki and it’s super grainy.

I’m loving this jacket. The fit is both slim and practical. I can actually move around in it and even layer a bunch if I need. This is the thinnest Shinki I’ve experienced and it’s really comfortable to wear.

I know there’s been some backlash from some people about his patterns, particularly the shoulders. I actually don’t mind them. IMO it gives a very discernible look to his jackets. I’m officially a fan.

View attachment 485270
View attachment 485271
View attachment 485272
View attachment 485273
That's a beautiful jacket and a wonderful fit. Nice score!

Reactions: jeo

Maxxmitten

New in Town
I know that in terms of aesthetic it is a matter of taste, but what I can tell is that it is very very comfortable to wear, I asked him to make it roomy enough for layering a thick sweater because winters in Ireland and Spain can be very cold, and even with a t-shirt it doesn't look like it is too big on me
This comes through in the pictures and something I noticed right away. You're lucky to have one jacket that can handle both the sweater and T-shirt. How did you and Greg achieve this, did you go up a size from your normal measurements, or was there something about the construction that you adjusted?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Gregs signature - 1/8" topstitch

Nice jacket. This was the one just on his Instagram story right? Congrats!

What is the order number at now?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I haven’t seen it on his IG. I was number 1817
You can ask him to send you those pics while he was making the jacket. I remember seeing them on his Instagram stories post. Nice to see the whole process.

I am 1824! 6 more to go assuming it is 1818 now with that Buco in the making. Waiting for Sam's email now. Must have changed my mind a dozen times. Navy Shinki Highwayman Full Action back Wing Collar Brass Waldes Melton paneled liner Caramel contrast stitching here I come!

Kenan

A-List Customer
You can ask him to send you those pics while he was making the jacket. I remember seeing them on his Instagram stories post. Nice to see the whole process.

I am 1824! 6 more to go assuming it is 1818 now with that Buco in the making. Waiting for Sam's email now. Must have changed my mind a dozen times. Navy Shinki Highwayman Full Action back Wing Collar Brass Waldes Melton paneled liner Caramel contrast stitching here I come!
Oh boy I’m number 1833. talked to Sam recently who said she will contact me in around 6-8 weeks for production, so I guess your email should be coming within the next couple of weeks.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My number is 1751 and I was told that my jacket is due end of february.
They might be missing parts for the build. Or the order numbers are just random. Either way, it's worth the wait. I am here for the 1/8" topstitch sleeve to shoulder.

Oh boy I’m number 1833. talked to Sam recently who said she will contact me in around 6-8 weeks for production, so I guess your email should be coming within the next couple of weeks.
I just sent Sam another email, again. Haha. The only thing I can see that can delay my build is the zips. I just changed my mind to Hookless again hope they have it in stock. The Navy Shinki doesn't seem to get much traction as the brown Pony so I should be good there.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
remember they have a back log of the brown pony orders to do as well. I was up few months ago and just missed the supply when it got to my turn. I should be soon though because I know they ordered my liner. I think I was #1560. I'm at about 18 months. Figure about 2-3 jackets a week, so who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff