Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hi Marc, is that the brown Italian cowhide?
Yep, the last batch was quite grainy.

FF1A6EF5-5767-4BB9-A5B0-FC8769D08874.jpeg
63CF4133-BE5E-4432-A76E-33C15BD06EF7.jpeg

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
Yep, good last batch was quite grainy.
I thought so - it looks great - my brown aviator is much smoother but has the same floppiness to it - tbh I like this lighter weight and drape as a contrast to my other jackets and as you say you can wear it all night without noticing it. I would place it in a par with my goat and deerskin jackets in that regard, and also with my Eastman A2 HH jacket. All great for the warmer weather and for going out in without having to constantly take off / put on throughout the evening. I think its a case of horses for courses and now he has badalassi there is another option for those looking for a firmer hide…..I have one in bone on order, so fingers crossed for that!

Attachments

• IMG_1399.jpeg
    IMG_1399.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 112

mumpy

A-List Customer
Some updated pics of the FL leathertogs.

The leather looks amazing and the fit is spot on which isn't that much of a surprise of course since by now the pattern is tweaked to perfection.

Then there's the floppiness of the leather. The leather has the right thickness and weight but for a motorcycle jacket style it's just too floppy. The upside is that it's the perfect jacket for a night out as it wears just like a leather shirt. No need to take it off while having drinks at the bar. Looking cool all night wearing my leather jacket :D

Still, I wish the leather was just a wee bit more firm. I already discussed another Leathertogs design with Greg, the bellhop one. Now in black full aniline shinki hh.

View attachment 540981 View attachment 540982 View attachment 540983 View attachment 540984 View attachment 540986 View attachment 540987 View attachment 540988 View attachment 540985
View attachment 541002 View attachment 541003
One of the reasons I am wearing my ELMC Roadstar all the time is because of how comfortable it feels. The HH is pretty thin. I am not a person who rides motorbikes so I prefer this type of fit. Works extremely well for a night out!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
tbh I like this lighter weight and drape as a contrast to my other jackets and as you say you can wear it all night without noticing it.

One of the reasons I am wearing my ELMC Roadstar all the time is because of how comfortable it feels. The HH is pretty thin. I am not a person who rides motorbikes so I prefer this type of fit. Works extremely well for a night out!
Funny that you mention this, the ELMC is one if my most worn jacket because of that. Now I can choose between the elmc or the FL leathertogs when going out.

IMG_9153.jpeg

ELMC^^

I have one in bone on order, so fingers crossed for that!
Nice, I've been thinking about bone Badalassi myself. Theodoros offers it as well, @torfjord is getting a bone Badalassi from Thedi.

mumpy

A-List Customer
Funny that you mention this, the ELMC is one if my most worn jacket because of that. Now I can choose between the elmc or the FL leathertogs when going out.

View attachment 541157
ELMC^^

Nice, I've been thinking about bone Badalassi myself. Theodoros offers it as well, @torfjord is getting a bone Badalassi from Thedi.
Awesome! I've got the brown one but I am considering to get it in black as well if the right deal comes up!

Good to know that the FL feels the same. I would have ordered one if it weren't for the long waiting time I guess.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I’m not sure if this has been posted here already … it looks like Greg has a new jacket he’s calling the “Chicago”.

51650DE2-517E-43E2-9246-73048E3618E8.jpeg
50073696-EAE4-42D3-802D-31A006CC0B84.jpeg

Attachments

• 7D121CD6-EADD-4922-9A8E-E9F4C29626F9.jpeg
    7D121CD6-EADD-4922-9A8E-E9F4C29626F9.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 75

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First time wearing this jacket though I’ve had it a while. Summer just hasn’t relented.

The collar is quite stubborn which made me concerned at first but it seems to be mostly a factor of leather stiffness. I hadn’t expected the navy horsehide to be quite this stiff but I’m enjoying it! The pony hide has a very different temper, more bouncy than stiff.

IMG_5833.jpeg

Clearly based strongly on Marc’s legendary aviator with some tweaks inspired by other aviator jackets I like from the 30s/40s.

(Tried posting this in the morning but the site crashed. Fingers crossed.)

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Looks great. Saw some photos when he was making it on Instagram and I had a feeling I might see it here. Haha.

The current batch of navy Shinki is on the heavier side, at least my navy jacket felt heavy. It will break in easily with a few wear though. Nothing to worry about. I really like the extra leather tog style pocket on the inside lapel.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great. Saw some photos when he was making it on Instagram and I had a feeling I might see it here. Haha.

The current batch of navy Shinki is on the heavier side, at least my navy jacket felt heavy. It will break in easily with a few wear though. Nothing to worry about. I really like the extra leather tog style pocket on the inside lapel.

Yeah I use the chest pocket on leather jackets a lot, so I thought It needed a pocket there as both pockets are handwarmers.

oskar

One of the Regulars
Bad news: Greg will not offer custom designs in the future. You can order a custom jacket until this friday. Thats the last chance. He said that in one of his instagram stories. But I am not 100 sure about it. So better contact him personally if you are on the line to order a jacket and ask if this information is correct.

Last edited:

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Bad news: Greg will not offer custom designs in the future. You can order a custom jacket until this friday. Thats the last chance. He said that in one of his instagram stories. But I am not 100 sure about it. So better contact him personally if you are on the line to order a jacket and ask if this information is correct.

I've been wondering for some time how long FL wants to keep this service ongoing. Custom orders is a zero-sum game in this niche. I read somewere his OTR jackets have undergone adjustments in terms of cut. I really hope that Greg will be successful because his talent is unmistakable.

mvilla

A-List Customer
I've been wondering for some time how long FL wants to keep this service ongoing. Custom orders is a zero-sum game in this niche. I read somewere his OTR jackets have undergone adjustments in terms of cut. I really hope that Greg will be successful because his talent is unmistakable.
That plus it takes forever to make... lead time when I placed my order was 10 months, but I doubt it'll be only that much

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
+1 for no more custom/bespoke orders.

I have three Field Leathers jackets right now, and all three are not custom, well, maybe except the single rider/Highwayman, but I didn't change any measurements or pattern, just with a different collar. No different than putting a dress collar on a cafe racer jacket.

It would also be helpful if there will be a sizing chart similar to what RMC does. This gives the customer a choice to go up or down a size to get the fit they want.

Anyone with Chicago in size 42 or 44 please share some details. I think I have the predecessor to the Chicago. But the new Chicago looks more tapered. It's also not on his web store yet.
FL Hwyman 42 open.JPG

FL Hwyman 42.JPG

Brandrea33

One Too Many
The Chicago is up on his web site now.

I think from purely a business standpoint, Greg had to let go of the custom options OR he’d have to charge significantly more for it (aka Himel pricing) to make money at it.

It also looks like there are only 4 leather options, and he’s removed all the lining options (for now).

I hope his business does well. It looks like he’s going through a big of a mini re-org. Fewer patterns, less leather and lining options, no customization (except with pre-existing patterns).

Probably all smart and necessary moves to make money going forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24