Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I must confess, @Damon141 that I was a little disappointed when I saw your "Damon" in the background of a WIP of Field making a cafe racer (because I was like "Another one?!" but this is fantastic). Maybe a half-belt next time though? Haha.

Damon141

Practically Family
I must confess, @Damon141 that I was a little disappointed when I saw your "Damon" in the background of a WIP of Field making a cafe racer (because I was like "Another one?!" but this is fantastic). Maybe a half-belt next time though? Haha.
I could completely agree with you and worry that’s the plan. You see when I ordered from Greg it was a 12-13 month wait back in February 2022, mine took longer but that’s because there were other things involved like me sending in zippers (note the original 2950’s crown #10 and moleskin(mostly that he had never made these jackets and were completely different than his normal pattern). There are plenty of modified Manhattans with rearranging of pockets but this one he wanted to do when he fell completely confident but he kept me informed the whole time.

So this cafe racer was actually my first order, Himel puts them out faster (still with one machinist but you can see why when you get a closer look, I’ve yet to enlarge a picture of a Kensington without some kind of stitch problem)
At the time I was a real novice, still am but I’ve seen more work and come out of my shell and have two collar jackets ordered.

Good news is I ordered two jackets at once so the first collar jacket will be ready hopefully by Christmas, I already have the mock up and made adjustments.

This one will be similar to his Chicago jacket with full back panel with a New Old stock 1930’s grommet zipper, I got really lucky finding that.

Then I ordered a true halfbelt from an up and coming artist well know, it’s a reproduction of Marc’s Windward, I had the chance to see his aviator in person and I have a feeling one day I’ll own one of those but down the road.
Great work! I'm really anxious for mine! Hopefully I'll have my mock jacket soon. I'll post here to gather feedback on it :)

Please ask for feedback on the Mock Up because there are several other people who will help tremendously, cloth is different than leather, obviously but it’s going to feel big and extra eyes can’t hurt. Read Marc’s post it helps tremendously.
Besides that, Greg and Sam will surely help also because they want you to be satisfied.

oskar

One of the Regulars
Does anyone of you have epxerience with the new black Badalassi that Greg is offering? How do you like it compared to the good old shinki?

58panheadfan

One Too Many
@Kenan we need pics of your new FL jacket.
@Marc mndt you have done impeccable preparatory work, the new "amsterdam" from FL is excellent. Thanks to you and other people in this forum who selflessly share their knowledge, many others* can only benefit, bravo.

That's really what I like about this forum, enthusiasts who are willing to share their years of experience in a decent and factual manner. As I mentioned, I would have been happy 25 years ago if such a forum had existed.

Edit: * incl. Greg from FL :)

Last edited:

Kenan

A-List Customer
@Kenan we need pics of your new FL jacket.
IMG_8597.jpeg
IMG_8600.jpeg
IMG_8611.jpeg
IMG_3802.jpeg

Fucking love it!!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
@Marc mndt you have done impeccable preparatory work
Thanks bud.
the new "amsterdam" from FL is excellent
Greg named his Buco J-24 repro the 'Manhattan'.

Manhattan was formerly named 'New Amsterdam' before the English bought it from the Dutch back in the 17th century. So I thought 'New Amsterdam' would be a fun name for the Leathertogs repro. Plus me being from Amsterdam of course :).

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Thanks bud.

Manhattan was formerly named 'New Amsterdam' before the English bought it from the Dutch back in the 17th century. So I thought 'New Amsterdam' would be a fun name for the Leathertogs repro. Plus me being from Amsterdam of course :).
I would be proud if a manufacturer named one of their models after my idea. You really did great preparatory work with the "new Amsterdam", Greg "just" had to implement it, lol

Aloysius

Thanks bud.

Incidentally, New York’s (largely Dutch) aristocratic families are sometimes called “New Amsterdam families”. Basically half the locations in downstate New York have Dutch place names (sometimes Anglicized).

He should take this opportunity to rename the Manhattan the Detroit though. :D

Aloysius

I'm really glad Greg has moved away from the super tight top-stitches; while they obviously require a lot of skill to do, the end result just plain doesn't look as good as a nice substantial seam, which also works to basically add additional lines and detail to the jacket while being much stronger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner