Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Film Noir Fedora?

Deafjeff

Familiar Face
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I would like to know something about a particular style of hat and there is no better place to turn than the Fedora Lounge! I will be getting my first proper fur felt fedora in about a month or so as my parents are taking me into Boston to a clothign shop called Vintage Revenge. Its all about selling vintage clothing and I intend to savor the trip as much as possible! I have been on their website and they have entire shelves of fedora and flatcaps. I'am going to be looking for one and so I wondered if you gentlemen might be able to tell me what i might look for in a film noir styled fedora. I love noir and I want my first fedora to be something similar to those movies I enjoy so much. It doesn't need to be a Bogart clone or a Le Samourai replica by any means but something noirish that would go well with my khaki trench coat would be nice. So....what do you suggest I keep my eyes peeled for? Akubras, Stetsons, Borsalinos? Color? Brim size suggestions? Anything at all is appreciated and if you guys are interested in the store they do have a website you can visit. Any help is appreciated!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
When you're trying on hats, look in the mirror and see what what looks most at home on your head, regardless of whatever preconceived notions you may have. You may see yourself in a hat that you would never have thought would look at home on your head. Go with a hat that speaks to you when you see it on you.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Have a great time at the shop, Jeff, and try on as many as you can. Pick the one you feel most comfortable in. You're the only one who'll know what feels right.

And don't forget to post a picture or two. :)

Deafjeff

Familiar Face
I will absoluetly be sure to post a few photos of my first fur felt fedora! And thats very good advice from both of you actually. I will be certain to try on as many as I can to see what looks best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner