Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FINALLY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Feraud said:
I don't think BK's comment was intended as mean spirited.
Neither do I. Actually, I wish that some of the more knowledgeable FLoungers would comment on fit more often.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry FM's taken offense, but I've found BK to be nothing but a gentleman.

I'm with Tomasso in that I always like to hear from well-intentioned Loungers regarding the fit of my clothes. I may not always agree with their assessments, but they always give me something to consider and I learn from them.

But the tone of online communication can often be misintepreted. An email or post that has no negative intent can come off that way. But as I said, I can't imagine BK meant any offense.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
skyvue said:
I'm sorry FM's taken offense, but I've found BK to be nothing but a gentleman.

I'm with Tomasso in that I always like to hear from well-intentioned Loungers regarding the fit of my clothes. I may not always agree with their assessments, but they always give me something to consider and I learn from them.

But the tone of online communication can often be misintepreted. An email or post that has no negative intent can come off that way. But as I said, I can't imagine BK meant any offense.

Agree 100%.
In the numerous times BK and I have communicated he has been friendly and helpful, just like his observation (as well as fairly funny).

About the jacket, the fit did look a tad tight but that is up to personal preference. And while the vent was being blown around, it looked as if the top of the vent was being pulled apart from tightness. I hate vents for this very reason: they rarely ever hang right.

A little off topic, I think this is the first time I've ever seen (or remember seeing) a well made DB jacket with a vent, no doubt a product of the belted back. Most DB belted jackets I've seen are ventless.

Sorry if Rob took offence. None was intended, I can assure everyone. I really like his jacket. I know how rare it is for things to come up in his size (as it is in mine), and I think it fits him great and suits him wonderfully, except for the vent. It's just too tight in the hips.

In wearing vintage, we have to deal with such things: I understand this - I wear suits that are at least a size to large most days because it's so hard to find size 35. And by god I screw up colour combinations all the time. But let's not kid ourselves that men in the 30s chose to wear jackets that were too tight, or too long, or too short.

A splayed vent is bad fit, plain and simple. It is not intended to be like that. It can be altered and i'd urge it to be done, rather than affected knicker twisting. There's nothing personal in any of this, it's about the jacket and the fit.

bk

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
People wanted to see the coat, I didn't ask as to how well it fit.

Just wanted to share a fancy back... not trying to show off, just sharing my glee in finding one long enough for me. Photos were removed and I will keep them for my self.

I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner