Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

@Batoidea please stop with these temping Japanese jackets! (I can’t get my Paypal to link to the buyee site, and it’s drivin’ me nuts!)
4ECCB9D1-9171-4342-A1B2-015BC60E7FD8.jpeg

While we're all living in Amerika and Amerika ist wunderbar, here's a little gem from Europe. I wanted to get it for the jacket but I don't want more jackets so perhaps someone else will love this.

This is a true vintage motorcycle set, circa 1950's or early 60's and this is as far as I can tell, the very first version of this infinitely copied model of a motorcycle leather jacket you will find produce even today, only simplified and uglified.

https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufen/d/motorrad-jacke-hose-668592302

302_1187306585.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
While we're all living in Amerika and Amerika ist wunderbar, here's a little gem from Europe. I wanted to get it for the jacket but I don't want more jackets so perhaps someone else will love this.

This is a true vintage motorcycle set, circa 1950's or early 60's and this is as far as I can tell, the very first version of this infinitely copied model of a motorcycle leather jacket you will find produce even today, only simplified and uglified.

https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufen/d/motorrad-jacke-hose-668592302

302_1187306585.jpg
That looks like a Vanek, seller located in Vienna.

AHP91

Practically Family

302_1187306585.jpg
Cookies akzeptieren!!

jeo

One Too Many
OMG my dream jacket!

Not a deal but a major find! Too big for me unfortunately and not in the best shape. They’re asking $1200 with a BIN and OBO.

THE California Sportswear half belt made for W.C. Stripling Co department store in Fort Worth Texas.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
OMG my dream jacket!

Not a deal but a major find! Too big for me unfortunately and not in the best shape. They’re asking $1200 with a BIN and OBO.

THE California Sportswear half belt made for W.C. Stripling Co department store in Fort Worth Texas.

[/URL]
What it so special about this one? Honest question.

I see a generic looking halfbelt with a slightly smaller than normal collar, made out of capeskin.

jeo

One Too Many
What it so special about this one? Honest question.

I see a generic looking halfbelt with a slightly smaller than normal collar, made out of capeskin.
OK. You see a generic half belt. I see the most beautiful half belt design ever made.

Everyone has their thing right? This is it for me. This is the jacket I fell in love with 15+ years ago. It's what started it all for me. I fibbed a little though. This is the actual jacket.

IMG-9062.JPG
IMG-9063.JPG

This is THE quintessential half belt. Perfection. The most beautifully simple jacket with the coolest back design ever.

The older version w/ the smaller 30's collar and angled chest pocket would be #2 for me. Would want one with a Californian label though. The small collar is sublime.

c0146178_13461228.jpg
c0146178_13462042.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

jeo

One Too Many
^ that's the one! I remember that listing and wanting to buy that jacket even though it was massive for me. You don't this jacket often and after the Surrogates movie they became even more rare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo