Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I'm skeptical about the horsehide. There's no label saying horse. When I asked vanson about my Metropolitan Comet, they advised it was cow. And they used lighter weight leathers on this line. Still a nice price on a uncommon vanson.

Edit: Correction, Kim's email didn't specify horse/cow. It is a leather they called "mirage brown", which I mistook for Octagon, but it is a lighter weight leather than that. At least that's what my Comet is made from, and this looks like the same stuff to me. I sent a follow up asking if they could tell me what type of animal the leather came from, will update if/when I hear.

Edit 2: Kim says the "mirage brown" leather my Comet was made from was cow, not horse. I can't say for absolute certain, but I'm pretty sure this one on ebay is misidentified as horse, and is in fact the same mirage brown cowhide. But that's only my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    El Marro and JMax like this.
  2. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

This one’s giving me serious arrhythmias trying not to bin. Taken a nitro before i splat.

roadking04 and JMax like this.
  3. Kalmer

Kalmer Familiar Face

4. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Tusche and JMax like this.
  5. Mandarin

Mandarin One of the Regulars

navetsea, Jrolfe, Psant25 and 11 others like this.
  6. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

I hope we see this jacket on TFL ;)

Kennyz and Mandarin like this.
  7. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

+1 yep I would like to see that more of that jacket myself perhaps fit pictures?

Mandarin likes this.
  8. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

Says here it's at the Pasedena store. Leather not that appealing on this one. The grain looks like scar to me.
    https://ec.2ndstreetusa.com/products/buco-riders-jkt-w-44-leather-blk-j-24
    BTW, 2nd Street is a big 2nd hand clothing chain in Japan. Not sure if the 2nd Street USA just took the name and logo or actually somehow affiliated with the 2nd Street.
    https://www.2ndstreet.jp/

9. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

10. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Powerband likes this.
  11. xtopherus

xtopherus New in Town

12. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

Large size any of you big guys out there here your opportunity. Looks like a Cal Leather to me, My early center zip Cal Leather has no label but no doubt in my mind it is a Cal Leather. These old Cals are wonderful jackets, thick hides and selling for $300 or less. I guess it is because so many were produced and they were built custom. You can't buy an RL lambskin for $300

JMax and Gamma68 like this.