Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Mawashi

One of the Regulars
auction starting at $70 but $110 buy it now price...

atpg3sA.jpg

I'm sorry but I was laughing too hard when I saw it.

Those letters read as QCM or MCQ or??
Whatever multiple choice question it has, you couldn't give me $110 to wear it lol.

No offence but this jacket is too funny to me.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I don't think that's actually a J-23, the back kidney panel has a different stitching and it has a back yoke.
I'm looking in my books but can't find a match.
The trousers look like Buco though...

It's a J-20-whatever Long. I'm pretty sure, at least. The L version is exactly like that, curved kidney panel with additional stitching and a yoke.

It's in Tanaka's book, I believe. It's rare but occasionally, the Long model does pop up.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
It looks similar to the J-24-H mentionned on page 85 of "ultimate biker fashion" but with belt loops instead of elastic bands, but not an exact match.
The "Sta-down back" is actually mentioned in the small add on the top right corner and shows a very similar back.

They make no mention of a Long size, but that back was only available in 59 and 60.

It looks similar to the J-24-H mentionned on page 85 of "ultimate biker fashion" but with belt loops instead of elastic bands.
The "Sta-down back" is actually mentioned in the small add on the top right corner and shows the same back.

They make no mention of a Long size, but that back was only available in 59 and 60.

Few years ago there was exactly the same jacket as the one above listed on eBay for $1400. Or so. It was steer though, J-24 and it had L next to the size number. Or maybe it actually said "Long" on the tag, I'm not 100% sure but it was tagged as such and I never forgot it 'cause I really liked the back yoke and the kidney panel. It wasn't short like the regular Buco. Both the back and the sleeves were 26" long. Either way, it's undoubtedly a Buco, that's for sure.

Wow, beautiful and very good condition! Would be a perfect fit for me....but....the price tag :(

This is actually the best deal you might see on this combo like... Ever. If you have that kinda money lying around, might even make it a decent investment. Better photos, better listing and you might make a grand on top of this. Japan-friendly size, too!

Thinking some more about it, problem is that there's no Buco tag. Which is why I actually don't think you could make a fortune on it. I mean, technically you COULD make a buck on it but you'd need someone who'd really want that jacket. Otherwise, whiners gonna whine it's got no tag. Might not end up being such an easy sell.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thinking some more about it, problem is that there's no Buco tag. Which is why I actually don't think you could make a fortune on it. I mean, technically you COULD make a buck on it but you'd need someone who'd really want that jacket. Otherwise, whiners gonna whine it's got no tag. Might not end up being such an easy sell.
Seller accepted my offer. May end up being a collector's piece for me.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Seller accepted my offer. May end up being a collector's piece for me.
Congrats - nice score. Luckily your offer was successful as I was also about to make an offer but it would have been to risky for me as the Buco tag was missing but I'm sure this won't be an issue. I'm looking forward to your review!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats - nice score. Luckily your offer was successful as I was also about to make an offer but it would have been to risky for me as the Buco tag was missing but I'm sure this won't be an issue. I'm looking forward to your review!
Thanks. Tag is an issue for me only to to the extent that I don't know if it is steer or horse. Sleeve length however is the main problem for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana