Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
The tag says Made in the USA.

I know that ! I meant Vanson or Schott as the maker could be way off.

I would like to know who in the USA made the "genuine" HD jackets

Jackets in the HD dealerships here in Australia have NOT been US manufactured for at least 15 years

That is principally why I don't buy and/or wear them. ( Plus all the HD branded logos etc etc , too much for me !)

$165 Bates BIN OBO. Looks mint, size 46”
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264725416448
67755CE9-08FF-4486-A70B-512A7B11514C.jpeg

Mrfrown

One Too Many

I’ll see your Branded Garments Fringe and raise you...another Branded Garments Fringe but half the cost and all suede! (I’m sorta thinking about buying this one but if someone grabs it, the temptation will be gone heh)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283798075034

upload_2020-5-9_9-32-21.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-9_9-32-21.png
    upload_2020-5-9_9-32-21.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,575

roadking04

Practically Family
I know that ! I meant Vanson or Schott as the maker could be way off.

My very first leather jacket was an HD shovelhead cross zip. I was 22 years old and knew very little about leather jackets back then. All I knew was that I wanted a traditional motorcycle jacket. I bought it before I bought my '80 superglide. It had the Made In USA tag in it.

Looking back, I would guess Schott was the maker. It was very similar to my 618. About the same weight and feel. Once again, that is only an educated GUESS.

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Ah, nope. Was in reference to the Langlitz Crescent.

This Crescent sold for $325. I sent a note with some questions to the owner, the sleeves were actually 27" long measured from the top of the shoulder, instead of the armpit. The photos did NOT help this jacket sell - please to all ebay users, consider taking good, well representative photos, preferable outdoors if at all possible. The lining was a mess, looked like a home-made repair job, but looking at the exterior photos the jacket itself looked in rather rough shape. Crescents are so hard to find, it was tempting, but I passed on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy