Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

I guess these shops are selling through many other platforms like Yahoo Auctions, Buyee.jp, etc. and I suppose he sold the jacket twice and therefore had to inform the second buyer (in this case you) that the item is no longer available. That's just a guess.

Yep, that's it. I've filtered out all the results from Japan because of that and have no intention of every buying anything from eBay jp.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/926817049/mens-jacket-by-montone-shearling-vintage

il_1140xN.2740834438_redq.jpg

Last edited:

Graemsay

Practically Family

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That’s exactly word for word my experience. I checked my PayPal account and it showed the refund a few hours after my payment to him with the usual PayPal phrase that it might take a day or two to appear on my credit card blah blah. It hadn’t been credited to my card yesterday and isn’t there today but that’s quite usual with refunds so I’m not worried enough to raise a case - yet. It’s a mystery why he did this a second time after being drilled on the ‘lost’ issue after the first time?
He does have a vast list of mainly vintage Schotts and a total of over 22000 items for sale so he may just be a sloppy seller? The jacket hasn’t reappeared on sale.
My take a sloppy seller just clicked the relist button going down a list or something like that

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if the comp weight is aniline. Schott 100 series is aniline and it only takes a few wears to break in. The vanson is known to take years. That's why i was on the hunt for an older one.

I'd like to have 1 Schott too especially in the 100 series but the length doesn't agree with me. Noted on the heads up w/ vanson, smart idea in getting a broken in one. Thank you

Ah, I see! I may even remember them now, something about it did seem familiar. Thank you for the info. It looks like a great jacket, I'll throw in a bid if it doesn't go too crazy.

Pity they didn't make it, patterns they made were looking cool. Happy bidding

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Yep, that's it. I've filtered out all the results from Japan because of that and have no intention of every buying anything from eBay jp.
Yeah I noticed this a while back. There seems to be a market place for several people acting as a middle man. They try and find the right mark up, then you buy from them, they go back to original listing and buy there, pocket the difference. The problem is with the bigger vendors, sometimes the listings aren't updated, so you buy something that has already been sold. When they go to buy the original listing, they don't see it anymore.

I guess the trick is to track down the original listing. Better price and more likely to actually get it.

I used buyee.jp for that Vanson. Small sample size with only 1 transaction, but it worked great. Cost me $340 all in with various charges, etc. etc. And if you're size 42 or below (I think 38 is the sweet spot) you will be amazed (and broke) at all the jackets. The problem is you're using a proxy to bid for you. So you really need to know what you're buying. If you think you can't trust measurements on Ebay, wait till you see over there. You can't ask questions or for photos. You really need to know that X manufacturer size Y = Z. Now my 10th grade algebra teacher can be proud I used some 30 years later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran