Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Mar 26, 2019.

1. yellowfever

yellowfever Familiar Face

I love this sort of stuff too and the battle scars make it even cooler... but sadly most are only good for wall art as these leather jackets are very short and tight fitting by design and riders back in the day (and still today often) were normally built like jockeys - smaller, lighter guys have an advantage in racing! So most folk these days would struggle to fit in them... this ones only 18” chest, 14” waist... such a shame as I love the green colour. Still the pricing is pretty hopeful on this one...

technovox and Jin431 like this.
  2. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Sorry, guys I forgot to copy the link - yes I'm seriously thinking about it but probably after sharing the link here it will be soon gone which would be OK. I definitely need some time to consider whether it's worth it or not. It's at least reduced from $2,550.00 to $1,950.00 and it will be very rare to find. I'm soooo tempted to press the add to cart button....why the hell did I have a look on Himel's website??!! :mad:

https://himelbros.com/products/avro-size-38-aurora

Jin431, dannyk and JMax like this.
  3. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

I think the white shinki is better suited to your style than some others around here. You have a cool and eclectic collection, and this one would fit right in. If the measurements were a few sizes larger, I'd be in the same boat you are. Not because I have a such a diverse style, but because I love white. Good luck with the decision.

Jin431, Robbie79 and dannyk like this.
  4. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Thanks, man, I appreciate your kind words! This would be also a perfect jacket for you! I really like wearing white during Summer (just shirts so far and no jacket) as I usually have a rather dark tan in Summer. This gonna be a loooong and hopefully not sleepless weekend...but I think it will take me even longer to finally decide in this case. Needless to say if the price would be $950.00 instead of $1,950.00 I would have immediately bought it, not saying that it's not worth the money as I love the Shinki Himel is using on their jackets. Returning my new Shangri La Trucker (I do have the right to return within 2 weeks after receipt) is no option due to bad shape of retailer shops because of >4 months lockdown here in Germany. However selling another jacket, perhaps my Aero Wayfarer could be an option.

Jin431, JMax and dannyk like this.
  5. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Returning the trucker? What’s wrong with it? Or is that hypothetical to raise funds for the Himel? Just curious I’ve been keeping my eye on them. Have some issues but look promising.

Jin431 and Robbie79 like this.
  6. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Shangri La's trucker is really nice (leather, construction, at first glance craftmanship) and different to jackets I already have but easier to get in the future compared to this black-white Avro. That's why I was initially considering it for raising funds as $1950 is a lot of money (plus VAT+duty). On the other hand I want to support smaller European manufacturers and our local shops which have been closed for >4 months. That's the main reason and background.

dannyk likes this.
  7. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

I shouldn't have shared the link as it's gone now. No sleepless nights for me though ;) For the one here who bought it, enjoy wearing it and it's was a pleasure to share the link with you ;) Of course, my fault!

dannyk likes this.
  8. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

To the one who bought the white-black Himel Avro Aurora, please show fit pics as soon as you received it.

Fonzie and dannyk like this.
  9. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Rest easy this weekend! ;)

Robbie79 likes this.
  10. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

11. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

ton312, Jin431, TREEMAN and 4 others like this.
  12. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

^^
    Ebay prices have been crazy lately. You can offer $300 because this is what it's worth on the off-chance that the seller is reasonable.

13. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

ton312, Coriu, Claybertrand and 7 others like this.
  14. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

15. 56DeSoto

56DeSoto Familiar Face

Jin431, Yamahana and Jumper like this.
  16. Claybertrand

Claybertrand A-List Customer

17. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

18. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here