Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
And it will fit me like a glove. Not a small, if the measurements I just received are accurate. Too high an asking price for me, to then have to ship the jacket out to get a new zip. I’d don’t know if I’m happy or mad.

Dang that's almost perfect aside from the high asking price and bum zipper. Wouldn't it be too warm for where you live in TX?

Dang that's almost perfect aside from the high asking price and bum zipper. Wouldn't it be too warm for where you live in TX?

Minimal wear yes. But feel-like temps do drop when riding. And I travel a bit for work. Plus, it’s a Star Glove. The all-in on price on this one is too much for me.

alish

One of the Regulars
Sears Oakbrook with zip-in liner in good to very good condition; P2P 21"; BIN $29 + shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124457141123?hash=item1cfa394383:g:gUIAAOSwimhfvmUx&LH_ItemCondition=10|4

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.35.55 PM.png

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Minimal wear yes. But feel-like temps do drop when riding. And I travel a bit for work. Plus, it’s a Star Glove. The all-in on price on this one is too much for me.
that's true and the fact that it's absolutely gorgeous makes it worth while but alas the price. these recent star gloves and Cals is giving me a bad craving for a cross zip lol

Coriu

One Too Many
Question for the group. Wasn't sure it justified its own thread. California Creations...I've seen comments here and there throughout the forum, mostly positive, but not a deep dive analysis. Have their styles and quality been consistent over time, or are certain vintages clearly superior? Trying to see if there are any "watchouts" concerning this brand. Thanks in advance.

Flying Monkey

New in Town
Make sure you get measurements on California Creations. I've never had one of their jackets, but from what I've seen on ebay, they run at least one size smaller than you think. Looks like pretty decent quality. I think they are out of business.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Question for the group. Wasn't sure it justified its own thread. California Creations...I've seen comments here and there throughout the forum, mostly positive, but not a deep dive analysis. Have their styles and quality been consistent over time, or are certain vintages clearly superior? Trying to see if there are any "watchouts" concerning this brand. Thanks in advance.

I've had a few of their jackets. Quality is very good, and for the price you can find them at on ebay, generally a great value, if they're in good condition.

They're comparable to Schott, or Golden Bear, but with fewer styles to choose from. Their cross zip biker jacket is a bit different pattern from Schott's Perfecto, but it's a pattern I like, good fit and comfortable on a bike.

I particularly like this example currently on ebay, and if it wasn't for the patch sewn onto the back kidney panel, and the fact that it's a size small for me, I'd probably buy it.

s-l1600[1].jpg

The hallmarks of California Creation's style are seen in this pattern:

s-l1600[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg

* The "elbow patches" sewn into the sleeves. These are not leather patches over the main sleeve panels, and they are not armored or padded inside, so it's a bit of a mystery why there's an oval stitched into the sleeve around the elbow. It should have some functional purpose, but I can't figure out what it might be.
* Rather large shoulder gussets/action back. These contribute a lot to the comfortable fit and flexibility of the pattern.
* Longer kidney panel at the back of the jacket.
* Generously sized pockets with fairly wide opening that are easy to get into when wearing gloves.
* Side laces.

Very comfortable, decent weight, but not like Vanson comp weight in terms of thickness and stiffness. The leather California Creations uses is more supple and requires less breaking in. Really nice stuff and seems to hold up well to weather and wear.

They're an underrated brand, and don't get enough recognition, much like Lesco or Walter Dyer don't get as much attention as they should. They might look like yet another generic biker jacket, but they're above average and built well and with above average materials, especially for their price point. It's a shame they went under.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner