Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

stringer

One of the Regulars
The vanson Raider above is a nice heavy Jacket that I have and like very much.
It runs a bit large as mine is a 44 but wears like a 46. Mine weighs 9 lbs on my
fish scale, but doesn't wear like it. Definitely a cold weather jacket. I think it is priced fair.

Coriu

One Too Many
Not for a while. Not sure the boy likes leather yet. He would if it had a Chilly Willy patch.

...it's never too early
il_340x270.3115711627_bbk1.jpg

...it's never too early
il_340x270.3115711627_bbk1.jpg

Heck yeah that’s cool. My boy does have two leather jackets. He does not wear them often enough. I’m terribly vexed.

I was thinking of the LW I posted. Too big for him. Assuming that is what JB meant.

Coriu

One Too Many
Heck yeah that’s cool. My boy does have two leather jackets. He does not wear them often enough. I’m terribly vexed.

I was thinking of the LW I posted. Too big for him. Assuming that is what JB meant.

I have yet to see a teen in high school wear a leather jacket. Even the goth kids, who love black, do not. I sometimes wonder if that is a local phenomenon or if teens in most places in the US would not consider it...and, if so, why not? Are there still stigmas, or is it more a matter of lack of exposure?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I don't see a lot of leather jackets being worn, period. Looks like we are some weird sect or something. With exception of young women wearing fashion moto jackets. That I see a lot.

Coriu

One Too Many
For my son it’s hoodies in various thicknesses, but he is starting to layer with flannels and he’s asked me to take him to the thrift store- so that’s encouraging.

OMG...the kids here are obsessed with hoodies. And jeans that are shredded to bits.

Coriu

One Too Many
Um... Gorgeous Brooks in a fantastic condition.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324594922179
...for any straight guys out there...be honest...if your eyes first gravitated toward the zipper slider (to check the make) and not something else, you MAY have a problem. :rolleyes:
...words of advice...if your wife surprises you one night with an outfit like this, please do not focus on the new leather jacket. You will be very sorry.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Um... Gorgeous Brooks in a fantastic condition.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324594922179

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This poor girl has nothing better to do in life but walk around in her underwear all day and try on leather jackets. I have listed this as a hobby of mine for YEARS on dating sites and NEVER get any chicks that are interested. I think I have finally sound my soulmate. I'm so glad The Lounge was here to witness it............:cool:

Off I earnestly go to South Carolina where Love and Leather are in the air.......

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I haven't been able to convince any of my kids to wear leather. I have 2 nice kid/tiny adult sized lost worlds jackets that have only been worn once each and will probably never get worn outside of a possible Halloween costume. Kids like comfortable clothes. Stuff leather isn't kid comfortable.

Coriu

One Too Many
...the ultimate rationalization.

A study released in 2012 found that owning a seriously cool leather jacket is significantly more fulfilling than raising a child to adulthood. "Our research suggests that the feeling of purchasing a really amazing leather jacket and then proudly watching over time as it gradually becomes broken in and forms perfectly to your body is, by a very wide margin, more rewarding than conceiving a child and then raising it from birth to 18 years of age," said lead researcher Dr. Marcus Aiello, adding that it was on average 63 percent more gratifying to regularly condition a leather jacket that had awesome vertical zippers on the sleeves than it was to read nightly bedtime stories to a son or daughter. “When study participants also obtained just the right pair of faded jeans and some vintage harness motorcycle boots to go with their badass leather jacket, these enormous feelings of pride and satisfaction reached levels that caused similar feelings stemming from attending a child's college graduation to become statistically irrelevant.”

Think about it. You could purchase 500+ high-quality jackets for the cost of raising one child today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner