Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Wow, I didn't notice this when I checked it out...

1661445172784.png

I have asked for clarification here as this may be a torso measurment.

Last edited:

Jumper

A-List Customer
22.5 back length is too short for me unfortunately

Wow, I didn't notice this when I checked it out...

View attachment 446954

I have asked for clarification here as this may be a torso measurment.
Well... depends on what this particular seller means by "shoulder to hem".

1661397566787.png

Could be another couple inches, maybe? Anyway, just eyeballing it, it looks like the back length is greater than the pit to pit. Assuming the 23.5 inch pit to pit is correct, I would have guessed the back length at near 25 inches.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Well... depends on what this particular seller means by "shoulder to hem".

View attachment 446992

Could be another couple inches, maybe? Anyway, just eyeballing it, it looks like the back length is greater than the pit to pit. Assuming the 23.5 inch pit to pit is correct, I would have guessed the back length at near 25 inches.
Seller confirmed to me via email -- 22.5" is the base of the collar to the hem of the back of the jacket - it's a "high waisted" jacket. So period-correct. Leaves me completely out on this one. If anyone here can wear it - it's a fantastic jacket. Personally would be a great jacket to see a re-make of...but with slightly more fitting for taller folks with a bit longer torsos...

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Seller confirmed to me via email -- 22.5" is the base of the collar to the hem of the back of the jacket - it's a "high waisted" jacket. So period-correct. Leaves me completely out on this one. If anyone here can wear it - it's a fantastic jacket. Personally would be a great jacket to see a re-make of...but with slightly more fitting for taller folks with a bit longer torsos...
You guys are making me even more mad that it isn't a size or two smaller. The short length is exactly what I want.

Shoulder too wide for me. Love the cuffs but the collar is a bit small for this type of police jacket.

The collar on this one may be a tad smaller than most Cals. But it looks tiny bc it is zipped almost all the way up. This one has no snaps that I can see so for riding it had to be zipped all the way up with a smaller collar so that it won’t slap yo face.

My Cal has the snaps out wide on the chest, out close to the seam. If I zip it up high, no way both lapels reach the snaps. Zipped up, small collar, not zipped up, snaps to keep collar in place. All good for riding.

My Aero in this style has the collar snaps in close. The LW CHP both in close and halfway out to the arm seam. I dig the options. My All Weather CHP has a large collar and no snaps- I never wear it to ride even though the lapels are wonderfully thick.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The collar on this one may be a tad smaller than most Cals. But it looks tiny bc it is zipped almost all the way up. This one has no snaps that I can see so for riding it had to be zipped all the way up with a smaller collar so that it won’t slap yo face.

My Cal has the snaps out wide on the chest, out close to the seam. If I zip it up high, no way both lapels reach the snaps. Zipped up, small collar, not zipped up, snaps to keep collar in place. All good for riding.

My Aero in this style has the collar snaps in close. The LW CHP both in close and halfway out to the arm seam. I dig the options. My All Weather CHP has a large collar and no snaps- I never wear it to ride even though the lapels are wonderfully thick.
I don't think it is because it is zipped up. It is indeed a smaller collar probably custom looking at the distance to the collar seam. I have a repro Lewis Holster police jacket that does not have the snap so not as big a collar as the Cal with snaps but sill not as small as this Cal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21