Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Likewise. Just noticed it's length! Almost a coat...

I broke down like the jacket weakling I am— P2P indeed is around 21.5”. And the jacket does look really long for the style and that measurement. No way it works for me. But damn that hide looks beautiful.

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
Maybe the camera angle? @Carlos840 has one. Check out his fit photos. Looks great to me.

I think it's a weird hybrid between a Perfecto and a Swiss dispatch coat...
The mouton collar should line the inside of the existing collar, not be a snap on extension.
My eye wants the zipper angles to align with the lancer front angles, they feel like they're not "anchored" to the coat.
And there are about a third more lace eyelets than I would want. The way it's set up now you'd have to feed them through to adjust it, with fewer eyelets you can pull to tighten.

Finally I find the mix of press studs and buttons sort of a non-choice? If I designed it I'd use just the press studs, and skip the buttons since it's a modern design hybrid. The buttons feel out of place on this piece.

But that's all me and my own biases though! It's a cool coat but not "my" cool coat, you know? ‍♂️

Attachments

• 3F8FC499-BBF3-4E20-89F6-1EEC5B06E89C.jpeg
    3F8FC499-BBF3-4E20-89F6-1EEC5B06E89C.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 61
  • CD9404DF-102B-4AF1-9281-D56654C65EF4.jpeg
    CD9404DF-102B-4AF1-9281-D56654C65EF4.jpeg
    521 KB · Views: 62
I think it's a weird hybrid between a Perfecto and a Swiss dispatch coat...
The mouton collar should line the inside of the existing collar, not be a snap on extension.
My eye wants the zipper angles to align with the lancer front angles, they feel like they're not "anchored" to the coat.
And there are about a third more lace eyelets than I would want. The way it's set up now you'd have to feed them through to adjust it, with fewer eyelets you can pull to tighten.

Finally I find the mix of press studs and buttons sort of a non-choice? If I designed it I'd use just the press studs, and skip the buttons since it's a modern design hybrid. The buttons feel out of place on this piece.

But that's all me and my own biases though! It's a cool coat but not "my" cool coat, you know? ‍♂️

We like what we like. It’s an accurate repro of one of many versions of a 1940s Peter’s aviator/MC jacket. Definitely a different design that most everything else ever made. I would prefer one with no sidelaces. That aside, I find even this particular version of the jacket stunning.

Observe

One Too Many
We like what we like. It’s an accurate repro of one of many versions of a 1940s Peter’s aviator/MC jacket. Definitely a different design that most everything else ever made. I would prefer one with no sidelaces. That aside, I find even this particular version of the jacket stunning.
Absurd ad copy aside, LW seems to make absolute bangers, no doubt.

Thanks bud, but I’ve now got my outta nowhere CR need handled. Just put in an offer on an IH 21oz black denim single rider jacket that was accepted. For some variety in the closet. Leather, wool, twill, cotton, denim and now a heavier denim.

I like the IH gear and love their vests. I’m no denimbro though.

Damon141

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy