Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Fidelity HH

Needs a little work

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Fi...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

0BDFE6D2-24AF-4269-A324-DB50A3147DD6.jpeg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And now imagine trying to set up an eBay search for Durable.
Durable leather jacket? 293,683 hits. Vintage Durable leather jacket? 23.490 hits. Vintage Durable leather jacket 50's motorcycle horsehide? 8.837 hits. Marlon f***ing Brando jacket from the f***ing movie? 293,683 hits.
I think you are on to something Bud, not sure what but good point

That's a real cool piece IMO, I may try to give it a go if the price stays low. Maybe not though, the measurements (particularly the sleeves) would be a deal breaker if they're accurate.

If the hide is anything like my Cooper, you will be stoked. Mine is a little later built. If it fits definitely a steal.

TLW '90

Practically Family
So what exactly is the deal with branded garments, did they only make motorcycle jackets and what kind of colors did they tend to offer ?

I'm ready to start looking for another leather jacket and I've heard such good things about branded, but it seems everything from branded I see here is a black motorcycle jacket of some kind.

I'm not looking for a motorcycle jacket nor do I want black or very dark brown, and I'd have to rule them out of that's all they did.

Kubatu

A-List Customer
So what exactly is the deal with branded garments, did they only make motorcycle jackets and what kind of colors did they tend to offer ?

I'm ready to start looking for another leather jacket and I've heard such good things about branded, but it seems everything from branded I see here is a black motorcycle jacket of some kind.

I'm not looking for a motorcycle jacket nor do I want black or very dark brown, and I'd have to rule them out of that's all they did.

If that's your criteria, I think Branded probably wouldn't be the best pick up. "Motorcycle jackets" is a bit of a vague term, but I would say most of the jackets they produced were heavyweight, intended for either riders or police departments. The former jackets are in standard "moto" patterns, like a cafe racer, cross zip, and CHP. The vast majority of their jackets are black.

Now, they did also produce a decent amount of A-2s, and from what I've read, those jackets have a pretty good reputation. But unsurprisingly, they're going to be brown or dark brown. Something like this. They also made B-3 type jackets (again, usually the standard dark brown + cream shearling).

From time to time, there are more unusual jackets you see with their labels. I've always liked their suede cross zip.

s-l1600.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
is f wider than eee

That is a good quesiton! I know the "E" range is narrower than the "F" but I am usually a "C" to "D" and had a pair of White's a while back that were a 12 "FF" and I could wear them, but double-socking helped. Could try asking the folsk at Baker's Boots or call White's direct. We are taking about millimeters of width here...

TLW '90

Practically Family
If that's your criteria, I think Branded probably wouldn't be the best pick up. "Motorcycle jackets" is a bit of a vague term, but I would say most of the jackets they produced were heavyweight, intended for either riders or police departments. The former jackets are in standard "moto" patterns, like a cafe racer, cross zip, and CHP. The vast majority of their jackets are black.

Now, they did also produce a decent amount of A-2s, and from what I've read, those jackets have a pretty good reputation. But unsurprisingly, they're going to be brown or dark brown. Something like this. They also made B-3 type jackets (again, usually the standard dark brown + cream shearling).

From time to time, there are more unusual jackets you see with their labels. I've always liked their suede cross zip.

s-l1600.jpg
Thanks for the info.
It looks like branded is probably not going to be the brand for me to look at.

I have time to look anyways because PP has decided it doesn't want to accept my card for some reason, so I can keep looking and thinking while I get that sorted out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21